Anyone have a HK P30?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the trigger out once at the store. IMO horrible. I quit thinking about one after that. The gun however feels like it was made for my hand. You may like it though. Everyones different.

fatmax987

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! Wonder if you could get trigger work done on one? Heard about heavy trigger but every thing else about gun is what I'm looking for. Ergonomics, manual safety, sa/da etc. That I can't find in anything else.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! Wonder if you could get trigger work done on one? Heard about heavy trigger but every thing else about gun is what I'm looking for. Ergonomics, manual safety, sa/da etc. That I can't find in anything else.

I agree, it was what I was looking for also. I naturally don't care for da/sa but this one really didn't agree with me. It seemed like it had 6'' of take up for the single action. I know it obviously didn't, but seemed like it. I have found some sig triggers that are quite nice. I would look into them if you have'nt already. The price is comparable to the hk. The sig 2022 had one of the smoothest sa/da triggers i've felt. I havn't felt a lot mind you, but that one was buttery. The 2022 has a good price on it too, about 500.00.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this was my dream gun. I bought it in 9mm. It feels like it was made for my hand and the controls are perfect position and function. I loved the rear decocker and then I shot it....... I shot it and my M&P side by side and there was a noticable difference in felt recoil and muzzle flip with the M&P having less of both. Every shot from the p30 caused my finger to bounce off the trigger. I am sure it was me and maybe could have been improved on with practice. but the M&P was $300 less so I kept it and sold the H&K. I still think it is the best looking firearm (not just handgun) but firearm on the planet, and it absolutely fits my hand perfect. I pick one up and hold it everytime the store has one in stock. i may again have one someday and work on techniques that would improve the shooting part. dang just thinking about it now is making me want one!

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently have a p30L and personally love it. I have actually contemplated selling it, just because I only use it at the range and next to the bed, but my carry is next to the bed too. Very accurate and I found it to be very controllable. Mine is in 9mm SA/DA and If i were to keep it, I would swap the SA/DA for the LEM for a much smoother/lighter trigger. All in all a great gun and I would only get rid of it for the right trade or price. Let me know if you might be interested!!

fatmax987

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the info. I guess I should rename thread now to "what SA/DA full size .40 sw w/ manual safety and decent trigger should I buy?"
The manual safety has been the most difficult option to fing on DA/SA but i would really like to have. I really like the sig's but no safety just decock. May end up going with HK 45 or P220 45 or p226 in .40. Anyone know if the trigger is any better on the HK45 than the P30?

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the info. I guess I should rename thread now to "what SA/DA full size .40 sw w/ manual safety and decent trigger should I buy?"
The manual safety has been the most difficult option to fing on DA/SA but i would really like to have. I really like the sig's but no safety just decock. May end up going with HK 45 or P220 45 or p226 in .40. Anyone know if the trigger is any better on the HK45 than the P30?
Double action leaves a lot to be desired for the price. There may even be a LEM variant available now. Single action is not bad, but the take up could be shorter IMO. Reliability, accuracy, ergonomics, fit and finish, and everything else save the lack of true night sights are absolutely perfect. Mags are overpriced, but excellent quality. May be on the large side for carry depending on your tastes, but not much if any more so than the P30.

I've been really happy with mine, and am actually considering picking up a P30 now, too.