Anyone have a Sendero SF 2 7mm and could offer info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at picking this rifle up in a trade and was curious about what someone who has one, or had, would value it. The owner says not more than 2 boxes of ammo have been through it. I've done some research and they still seem to be valued around 1k used and in this kind of condition. I have never owned a 7mm, or even shot one. Would probably use it for some deer hunting from the stand where I didn't have to lug it around due to its weight. Or I might take it in and then turn around and sell it if the value is right.

Any info/advice is much appreciated.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Your .300 win case is .12" longer, both based off the .300 H&H case. I'm a 7mm guy, but it's not something I'd trade away a .300WM for. The game you shoot won't notice the difference between the two, and most likely you won't be able to tell the difference between the two in recoil in comparable rifles.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in 300 wm. Mines a shooter (after I put a timmney on it). They retain their valve well and used are in the 850-1k area. I shoot several 7mm's they are versatile and kill game well. Excellent ballistic coefficient bullets available for the hand loader and in 7 Rem mag the options in factory ammo are plentiful. If I could only have one caliber for everything from mice to moose my choice would be a 7stw (although the more I shoot my 28nosler it's gaining in favorability). You could have the chamber reamed to 7 shooting times westerner (7stw) and have an awesome rig. The 7 rem mag is no slouch though.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom