Anyone here in the AirBnB or similar business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have rented a RVBO and AirBnB a few times. I know a couple of times it was in popular vacation spots with long distance ownership. The owners used a local cleaning service after the final check outs. It wasn't a daily house keeping service.

I will continue to search for one of the rentals on trips before hotel options.

This may not be helpful. Maybe it is.

Last edited:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have stayed in an AirBNB once before, spent a week in CO a couple years ago in one, for long stays like that I plan to do something like that vs a hotel from now on.

We had to rent out our house in McAlester when we moved back to western OK several years ago, due to the housing market sucking there at that point; I swore then I didn't want to own another traditional rent house, at least not one thats 4 hours away. Part of my reasoning for doing a vacation rental property is so I can use it as well, and just maybe it will pay for itself LOL...

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I travel extensively across the midwest and north eastern states, and with that I can tell you that as a renter for a successful AiRBnB you must be an attentive host to your guests.

Many of them will immediately tell you if you can leave them alone, or they want you to point them in the good direction so to say.

The hosts that are only in it for the daily rate and the 75 dollar clean up fee are the ones that get screwed each time, kinda some karma I guess.

You can be moderately successful if you show the slightest give a damn about your guests. If you don't and just leave them a code to enter with nothing more than a text in the app....yeah you going to get exactly what you deserve.

Same with being a land lord, you dont have to be hard nosed and totalitarian, but you dont need to be "whatever" either.

I have had good ones that gave a damn, and others that demanded the rent early so they could get their teener of meth.

ABNB will allow you to approve or deny the stay as well, everyone must have a clear and verifiable photo in their profile, no additional guests unless they pay for them.

However the best part of ABNB is that they are agreeing to leave at the end of their stay which is a contract....you rent to someone and you want them gone. Good luck in 2022 because the legal fees alone are going to end your investment, as that Tennant will trash your property once they have nothing to lose.

They were already renting, what will you sue them for? Lol

Personally as it is right now and the amount of homeless people I see, I am not going to wrap my nest egg up in a "might be a return".

I got a cash based life insurance policy and can take a loan from the 11% interest build up and pay myself back, and when I pass away it goes to my wife and son....doesn't have any risk for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom