anyone interested in a 1k milk jug shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many compete in the 1000 yard milk jug shoot. If anyone here has a property with a 1k view and an interest I would like to gather a few good men for a match. If anyone else has an interest in trying for the mile long challenge im willing!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am as well. But I live within driving distance of a range that has an ongoing 2 liter pop bottle challenge. Im about to start building my own long range so I dont have to go anywhere to shoot that far.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Milk jugs leave a mess..You have to get them all picked up as they do not break down well .. balloons filled with water hanging on something is pretty fun and not so much mess ,,I think they break down much quicker also..harder to set up though.

I hung some smaller ones at 211 yards in a tree.. some on the right and some on the left side of the tree...2 guys shooting one takes out left side and one gets the other.

Kind of a speed thing ,, that was pretty fun. We used 30-30's

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where is the 2 liter challenge? sounds good enough. the milk jug challenge is something that started a few years ago by the lrsu (lomg range shooters of utah) what i assume to be a forum. I noticed most werent able to hit the jug within two shots. Im very unimpressed. I know several old men with less invested that can make a first round hit. I it would be great to have a few of us who can represent oklahoma well. We have big name shooters here!

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20160703_115017.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The range is in Ninnekah named Fouled Bore. 1350 yards. Some good guys out there.
Thats a nice rig. I have 2 that Im just now trying to get set up right to get that far out but Im poor so its hard. Thats part of the reason I want my own range. So I dont have to pay to shoot and can spend that money on my equipment.

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent been yet but there is a range in ramona called Open range shooters retreat where you can shoot to a mile. $50 a half a day. A fair price. I was hoping by this post that I could interest a someone who has land that wouldnt mind a 1 day shoot.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent heard of that one. The one down here is $30 or $35 for a full day. Or buy a full year for $400. Only closed on like wed and thurs. I have the land but dont have a spot decided on yet. Also Im pretty weary of having strangers on my place.
I just about have my Gen 1 Sendero in 300WM lined out. Really just an old deer gun but I just put a 20moa base, and Vortex 4-16 on. It likes the new 200gr ELD-X with 72gr of Reloader 22. I need to do a trigger on it and Im going to have the barrel threaded for a brake and maybe recrowned at the same time and Ill be done with it.
My other one is an old Rem 722 in 243. I've had it for years also. I put it in a Rem SPS stock and bottom metal for now, until I can afford a better stock. It was in some old Browning stock that didnt work quite right. Has a Douglas Match 26" barrel with either a 1-9" or 1-10" twist. I didnt buy it so Im not sure. And its hard to tell just running a brush down it. I just got it back from the gunsmith yesterday who did a Sako extractor conversion, and recrowned and threaded the barrel for me. Im going to work on some loads for it this weekend and if it will stabilize a 105gr bullet Ill be in the market for a good scope for it.

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I had great luck with the 115gr dtac amd the 6 dasher. I know the feeling of having strangers on your land is awkward but oka is good place to vet the insane. If you have a place to shoot i would be happy to provide targets and setup. Maby even beer if its a good month for my buisness. Ill bet i hit it my shot. Heres a 10 shot 200 yard group

Attachments

• 20160730_150822.jpg
    20160730_150822.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts

Top Bottom