Anyone own a 07 or newer Chevy Tahoe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just got rid of our 07' and got a new 11'. The 07' had a little over 103k miles on it. Towards it's last 30,000 miles or so, it really started losing oil, surely burning. Other than that, the only other problem we had was the control unit for the heated seats went out...

Our hand calculated mileage was usually a bit over 15 mpg. The computer is a liar for mileage...

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the 5.3 will burn oil. (the 3.6 uses significantly more) GM says 1qt in 1500 miles is acceptable.. not IMO, but is what it is, yes hub bearings go out, but not horribly often
--Mech

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an '08 Tahoe last year. 5.3l V-8. According to the computer stuff on the dash I get about 20mpg on the highway at 70-75mph. Overall I like the vehicle. It had 21000 when I bought it, 48000 now, no problems so far.

I pulled a 21 ft camper to New Mexico last June, averaged 9.4mpg on that trip. The book rates the 5.3 to pull up to 7100 lbs, but based on performance with my camper I think that's overrated. I was probably towing 4000lbs between camper and gear.

It's very comfortable and quiet on the highway, and has a very tight turning circle for parking lots.

Was the performance due to weight or the trailer or design? Do you have a sway hitch? That concerns me because this is part of the reason we are upgrading. I have a boat thats a tad under 5000 when full of fuel. We tow it every other weekend to Murray and our current truck begs for mercy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom