Anyone shooting a Savage ML10 II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For me it's not about the accuracy, they're just as accurate as any other ML, but the part about: cleaning only when accuracy starts to fade, no smoke, greater velocity to powder burnt ratio, still has me hooked:)

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it's not about the accuracy, they're just as accurate as any other ML, but the part about: cleaning only when accuracy starts to fade, no smoke, greater velocity to powder burnt ratio, still has me hooked:)

Thats exactly why I want one.... I HATE BLACK POWDER!!! Messy, nasty, hard to clean, corrosive... Crap!
I'm horrible about blowing money but $1000 for a ML I use up 9 days a year???
Yes I want one really bad but dang it I want to find a deal on one lol

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called two different websites today and both were out of stock.

Yep. You'll have to wait till next year to see if Savage makes more. They usually announce this in December. If you want one you will have to order one and wait, UNLESS you get lucky and find a dealer that ordered extras and grab one before he sales out! Here is a good website to check out: http://randywakeman.com/SavageArmsAnnounces2012_10ML-IIMuzzleloaderProduction.htm

This guy usually has savage updates and post if and when Savage will be making more 10ML'ers

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to dig a little deeper, those issues (blowing up) are bs accusations. A little research into it will show that.
Anyhow, I've also got a stainless Rem 700 ML got it last year when I was trying to find a savage. I like it eventhough I hate dealing with black powder, its hard for me to justify a the switch now. I am using the 209s though.

Yes, I have dug deeper and I've read all about Toby Bridges. I've also seen several other blown up muzzleloaders with and withou injuries from people totally unrelated and unconnected to Toby. It is a fact that they have blown up on other people.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me chicken, but I've seen too many documented problems to want one.

Yea, one disgruntled ex-employee taking pictures of a blown up Savage doesn't really set a "trend". Yes there have been others blow up, but when your stupid enough to shove "any old smokeless powder" down the barrel and pull the trigger......... These guns are only as dangerous as the morons behind them! Follow the manual and use ONLY apporved powders and you won't have any problems!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, one disgruntled ex-employee taking pictures of a blown up Savage doesn't really set a "trend". Yes there have been others blow up, but when your stupid enough to shove "any old smokeless powder" down the barrel and pull the trigger......... These guns are only as dangerous as the morons behind them! Follow the manual and use ONLY apporved powders and you won't have any problems!

This ^^^^^
The only others that I've ever seen "blew up" were by wildcatters who admitted fault to pushing the limits.
That can happen with any gun. Everyone who reloads knows the possible out come of loading to hot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom