Anyone Up for a Starbucks GTG on 02/14?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRT2007

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not big Starbucks drinker, but I'll stop by the Moore store to pick up a coffee in support of them keeping their gun policies the same.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...137890863.html

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.

MODS:
If this is against the rules, or in the wrong forum please feel free to delete, or let me know where it should be posted. I went back a few pages and didn't see a similiar thread. If one exist feel free to delete this one, Thanks

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not only visit, I'll make sure all the employees know why I have chosen to frequent their establishment and ask that it be passed up the chain.

Anyone up for a group coffee?

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if I'll be able to get in on a get together, but I'll definitely try to stop by and buy something to support them. They aren't my favorite coffee, but I do on occasion get a frappuccino or cappuccino from them.

DRT2007

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if I'll be able to get in on a get together, but I'll definitely try to stop by and buy something to support them. They aren't my favorite coffee, but I do on occasion get a frappuccino or cappuccino from them.

Just stopping by helps. I know several other forums are doing the same thing in support.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really is marketing genius. There is nothing they can do to get the hipster doofuses to leave, but they pull this and can get people to come in just to support them. I think it's great though. Intelligent marketing, and an intelligent political position.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doug, set it up for an evening and I'm in!

That might be tough... I'm probably only going to be down for a morning or afternoon venture. It is Valentines after all and if I don't entertain the wife in the evening, they'll be a price to pay. :)

Let's see as it gets closer how the schedule works out and especially to see if Starbucks decides to cave in. If they do, I'll be boycotting them but I'll still stop in to let them know why I won't be making a purchase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom