Anyone use Ammo Up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have used a tool like this at the gun range that is intended for picking up pecans.

The ones we used had relatively narrow spaces between the wires of the cage. We were looking for 9mm or larger brass, so we didn't care that the .22 size brass didn't always pick up or stay in the wire basket.

Available for not much at most store selling lawn and garden products.

1658092827627.png

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the roller style as well. It works great if your are on a flat surface. To be efficient, you need to roll over the brass at a a parallel angle. If you roll over it and the brass is oriented at a perpendicular angle, you won't pick up much because it requires the wires in the basket to separate out at too big of a distance to pick them up. I find that the rollers (at least mine) are much less efficient if I'm trying to pick up on the ground (dirt/grass), especially if hit has any sort of rocks. I think the Ammo Up tool might be better in that scenario. If you are on a concrete slab, or any nice level surface, my vote would to go the roller style. Either choice is way better than the alternative. Nearly everyone I've seen at a range who uses one of these devices uses the rollers.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We used to used this thing called a brass buggy from Southern Belle Brass. They were in the GSA catalog so we'd go buy them through supply. I don't know if they're still in business but the ammo up place has some similar but more pricey. A nut picker works as good if you have a lot of dirt/sand. Gravel, not so much for all those pickers.

SBB 👇👇👇👇. Website looks like it hasn't been touched in awhile.
https://protected.imoutdoorshosting.com/southernbellebrass/BrassBuggy.htm

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot at an outdoor range with a gravel or rock surface. Rocks the size of pecans would make this thing useless. Some of the guys use those “tongs” used to pickup things without bending over. I can bend or kneel without much discomfort. done right I guess the bending is a form of stretching

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those don't work so well on my range, because of the type of grass and clumps there. On small gravel, concrete or anything smooth and hard-packed, they work pretty well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom