Star BM9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir, I have had a few. They are hardy and will digest most if not everything you put through them. They are the type of gun that will shoot even when dirty. They are made in Spain and the older ones are solid metal. I personally have shot more than a handful of them and have never had a failure. They are also affordable but I have noticed they are going up in price at gun shows. They are a lot of them that are surplus from police stations and such.
They were a lot more fun to own when they were $150, still nostalgic but price kills the deal to scratch my milsurp bug. Dang solid weapons, I have owned a variety of the models and all functioned as should. I never tried to find holsters, that may require knowing someone good at kydex holster making.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Star A, B, and super B were cosmetically similar to a full size 1911
The BM is a lot like a compact 1911.

Spanish made, all steel.
Internals are a bit different than a 1911, but similar.
Weight and feal are similar to a 1911.

A lot came in surplus when the Spanish police changed arms.
Unfortunately, the window on that price point has closed.

If you want a single stack nine with old school features its fine.
The availability of repair parts and aftermarket upgrades is the downside to them.

If you want to add all kinds of widgets and upgrade the sights, drop in spring kits, etc., buy a modern gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom