Anyone use doe urine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't used anything like this before but does anyone have experence with doe urine lures, both which ones to use and when to use them?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not used them much, and only during rut.

I know the directions tell you to put on a drag cloth and walk into your stand with it.

Just my personal opinion, but I think you should get to your stand, put on a drag cloth, and walk away from the stand.

Here is my reasoning. I've hunted beagles for rabbit and Brittany's for upland game. Rabbits and Pheasant would rather run. When a dog cuts either trail, they will run a short direction down the trail. If the scent gets weaker, they will turn and head the other direction, because the scent will be stronger in the direction they are running.

A deer lives by its smell first, and vision second. Its my opinion that if you put the drag on at the car and walk in, the deer will head for your car.

The little scent vials where a wick is inside, and you hang them from a tree in the area might be good if its a high quality scent with a doe in estrus is used.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a big buck today at 5:33pm. I set off a buck bomb doe P at 5:06 and up came 2 bucks both with their nose to the grounds just minutes later in light wind. First a young buck at 80 yards move loud and fast then 2 minutes later a big mature buck slow and quietly at 30yaeds from upwind.

I just bought a can of tinks doe pee spray to use in the morning...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a big buck today at 5:33pm. I set off a buck bomb doe P at 5:06 and up came 2 bucks both with their nose to the grounds just minutes later in light wind. First a young buck at 80 yards move loud and fast then 2 minutes later a big mature buck slow and quietly at 30yaeds from upwind.

I just bought a can of tinks doe pee spray to use in the morning...

We need pics! Be sure to get it entered into the contest. :D

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used regular doe pee and doe in estrus. I've had good response with doe in estrus on wick sticks during rut. I was sitting in a chair against a tree once and almost had a small 8 run me over before I moved a bit just to make him stop.
Another time I climbed into a tripod before sunrise and thought I'll go ahead and put out some sent. Less than 5 min later a deer (I'm assuming a buck) was milling around 10 yrds from me. It was still to dark to see or shoot. It didn't stick around till light. I don't think it's a sure thing but I do believe it can help during rut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom