Anyone use the Lee Lock Stud and Cutter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but this is my first time to use it. I have one Lee shell holder that came with a set of dies but can't figure out how to attach it to the lock stud. The lock stud has threads on it but the shell holder doesn't. As we all know, the instructions that came with the kit sucks so any help would be appreciated.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've lost me. What does a "lock stud" do? Shell holders normally fit in a slot at the top of the ram of a reloading press, held there by a spring. A picture would help. CB

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shell holder for the locking stud is threaded as well. The shell holder for the press is not, it just slips into the top of the ram on the press. You buy a caliber specific set up to use with the cutter. Hope
that helps.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've lost me. What does a "lock stud" do? Shell holders normally fit in a slot at the top of the ram of a reloading press, held there by a spring. A picture would help. CB

The lock stud is designed to fit a power drill or dill press to speed up trimming brass.

The shell holder for the locking stud is threaded as well. The shell holder for the press is not, it just slips into the top of the ram on the press. You buy a caliber specific set up to use with the cutter. Hope
that helps.

So I need to buy a specific set of shell holders for the lock stud? If so, do you know what they're called?

Latest posts

Top Bottom