April Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A week from Saturday, April 2nd, is the regularly scheduled monthly Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital. The Match will consist of 5 stages, 2 of which will call for the use of pistol as well. Total round count will be @70 for Rifle and 25 for Pistol. Check in will commence at 0900, walk through will be at 1000 and we will be shooting by 1030. Cost is $12 for non-members and $10 for Oil Capital members. Set up will begin at 0700 for those who want to help out. Please go to the link below to print up your scoresheets from the file section of the Yahoo Group.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!,
Dave
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OklahomaPracticalRifle/

Update- We Have now added a new Division- Rimfire. For those who would like to use Tactical type Rifles chambered for .22. if you are unsure if your particualr rifle would qualify for this Division please contact me.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The weather is shaping up to be spectacular. it will be a great day to come out and enjoy some good company. if you haven't attended a match before this is a great time. And if you have a friend who has shown an interest, invite them along.
Dave

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does a practical rifle match differ from an IDPA match? I have a new AR and have shot my Glocks and 1911 at OC several times in IDPA. Wanting to get into some rifle matches as well but know nothing about them.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think IDPA with your carbine.. 50yrd max range and you don't have to have a "concealment garment" ;-)

Bring out your new rifle and a few mags, You'll have a good time I can assure you!

benschne

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a great match yesterday! I encourage anyone that hasn't made it out to show up next month!

Maybe we need to establish dedicated ambassadors for those who want to take the plunge? I'm sure many of us would be happy to take a new shooter under our wing. A new match can be intimidating!

Latest posts

Top Bottom