AR-10 Optics and muzzle brake options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for some opinions on both an optic and a muzzle brake for my AR-10.

Here are my goal goals for this rifle:

Sub MOA
Accurate to 6-800 meters
As lightweight as reasonably possible (I don't want a 15lb Ar10 that will shoot fleas off of a buffalos a$$, but I doesn't go anywhere but the bench rest)
15" free float rail

Right now it is bone stock, except I slapped my M-223 from my 15 on it to go through some lead. I'm going to keep the trigger in it for now, but plan on upgrading it someday. It is already sub MOA.

Here is what I have already decided on, but would change my mind if anyone has some good input.

Odin Works 15.5" Kmod https://www.primaryarms.com/Odin_Works_308_KMod_Forend_15_5_DPMS_Low_Prof_p/f-15-km-308-lp.htm
Magpul ACS-L (Was considering the UBR, or PRS, but went with the lighter weight)
Harris 9-13 swivel with a noveske TRX Sling Stud.

Now for what I haven't decided on:

Optics:
Nikon M-308
Vortex PST
Or???

Muzzle Breaks:
Battlecomp (I have one on my 15)
Troy Claymore (like the looks)
Witt Machine .30 cal muzzle rise eliminator http://wittmachine.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=206
Witt Machine at-10 Muzzlebrake http://wittmachine.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=197
Or???

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Optics - Vortex PST for the long haul and budget. If no budget, look into Nightforce, Steiners latest, Bushy Elite Tac line / ERS...., Kahles or USO. But weight will be an issue with high mag. and the top tier scopes potentially.

Muzzles - PWS, APA Bastards, Bennie Cooley, SuperComp XL, Miculek, Griffin?, ARP?

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
257---- The nikon p308 ( 4-12 x40 bcd 800 ) should be still on sale next weekend $199.98 $50 off list .

I just put one my PSA PA 10--- moe buttstock ,dpms long forearm ,yhm 5 port brake,18" delton barrel, 5.4 oz buffer, tubbs flat buffer spring

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
257---- The nikon p308 ( 4-12 x40 bcd 800 ) should be still on sale next weekend $199.98 $50 off list .

I just put one my PSA PA 10--- moe buttstock ,dpms long forearm ,yhm 5 port brake,18" delton barrel, 5.4 oz buffer, tubbs flat buffer spring

Do you think the M308 would be worth the extra $ over the P308?

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Similar situation. Right now, I have an EOTech sight on my M1A Scout. Thinking about going back to a mid-range scope and with that was looking at Leupold’s VXR that is 1.25x4 or Burris MTAC 1x4. Trying to find something negative to point me in another direction.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The spec for the M & P scopes look about the same under than the $200 mark up for the M's , some are those evil metic 30mm sized tube .

That is kind of what I'm thinking. I'll have to look through them side by side to see if I can tell a difference in the glass. I have the M-223 and love it, but I bought it before the p series was released.

Latest posts

Top Bottom