AR-15 5-round clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks TJohn, but Claremore, Tulsa, and Broken Arrow are out of the mags. And they do not know when they will get any in. So, therefore I am scrambling.

Stick with Bushmaster's 5-rd mags or decent quality mags period - CDNN sells a bunch of "surplus" mags that are actually just Chinese junk.

That being said - you could probably take your cheaper mags (since they're just 5rd mags and there's a lot less space in there for things to screw up) apart and clean them and lube with Tetra-Grease or something fairly high-quality and have good mags to use for practice or deer hunting (since you don't generally need more than one shot when deer hunting - there's no way I'd hog hunt with an unreliable mag).

TJohn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took apart a bushmaster and a C-Products 5 rounder and their springs and followers were virtually identical, same number of coils on the springs and followers exactly the same with same markings. The Bushmaster 5 rounders seem to have a smooth coating whereas the C-Products has a little more dry tacky feeling to the spring and inside of the mag walls. Apparently that little extra smoothness makes all the difference in reliability between what are basically identical products.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I don't own a bushmaster rifle. Just a busmaster 5rd mag, I have run it in both my home built AR's and it ran fine in both. Try sportsworld in tulsa tomorrow if you need one ASAP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom