ar-15, glock 17, colt 1911 with brass and steel ammo SHTF situtation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not sell the ammo either. Curious though, what have you done to prepare for the worst...really? Got water, food, fuel, medical supplies, etc. to last for at least 6 months?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not sell the ammo either. Curious though, what have you done to prepare for the worst...really? Got water, food, fuel, medical supplies, etc. to last for at least 6 months?

I think he's needing "prepping gear", but I wouldn't sell the ammo either. I would sell something else before ammo.

OP, if you are looking to stock up on stuff, I would suggest spending an extra $20 each time you go to wal-mart on prepper stuff. You will be amazed how fast you build a stash.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OP, if you are looking to stock up on stuff, I would suggest spending an extra $20 each time you go to wal-mart on prepper stuff. You will be amazed how fast you build a stash.

pretty much what I did. Remember shop smart. $20 will buy you a lot of dry rice, beans,powdered milk , and multivitamins.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you cannot afford 20 dollars everytime you go to walmart (and some people go to walmart 3 times per week.. that's 240.00 per month) or.. whatever grocery store you visit. Make it as simple as 1 item. Tell yourself your going to pickup 1 item everytime your at the store for a prep. It could be something as simple as extra salt/ bullion cubes/ or a small bag of beans/ flour or rice. (yes I said bullion cubes... eat white rice everyday for 3 months and you'll enjoy pouring a nice cup of chicken broth over the top of the rice.. even if it's more chicken "flavor" than chicken).

From the numbers above you gave... it doesn't sound like you would have enough ammo as it is. (depending on how long your in a SHTF scenario or.. if you actually have good cover to get behind allowing you better odd's at surviving an "attack" scenario.) You and your wife could easily burn a couple magazines appeice just convincing would be attackers.. that your too well armed and too "dug in" to bother continuing to assualt. If you need to do this four or five times over the course of a few weeks... Well.. I wouldn't sell any ammo at all until you've bought your replacement.. and I'd consider putting up a few more rounds before feeling adequately supplied.

There was a thread yesterday on how obama may have over the weekend put into play an executive order that might circumvent the atf's rulings on importing ammo. If that is the case and the steel cased foreign ammo sources are gone... Everything will tripple or more in price and scarcity will be off the charts for certian calibers... soo... keep these things in mind.. before you rush out to make a buck... I have been offering up primers and bullets for reloading as well as fully loaded stuff I have available.. and it's not like there crashing down my doors to get the stuff... lot's of add's out there for people selling right now. just my thoughts

Latest posts

Top Bottom