ar 5 shot groups 100 yards with 1 moa red dot eotech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about 100 but at 200 I have one with a 552-D1 Eo that does 5 rounds into 1 1/4-1 3/4", BUT it started wondering and the Eo is back in Mi. for repair. Barrel is a S.S. Saber 16" 1X8" ammo is Hornady Steel cased 75 grain Practice round.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he is trying to figure out what kind of accuracy you can acheive with a 1 MOA dot vs. a pin point crosshair. I've wondered the same thing.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that is the question then it is fairly easy to obtain 1/2 M.O.A. groups with a red dot assuming the rife/ammo combo will do that also. There are many factors here to include eye sight, astigmatisim, lighting, etc. I find that red dots like to be shot on cloudy days and turned down as low as they can be seen. I find they are best shot at a target that has a ring design not just a big old black bull's eye.

Now with that all said, if you can't hold iron sight to 1/2-1 M.O.A. you probably won't hold a red dot any better, and you will find you will string center to high and center to right in general. Now if you are all over the place drop on a scope and see if it gets better if not back to Michigan it goes! KurtM

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every red dot ive looked through, the dot would cover up a baseball at 100 yards. Im sure they were all 4moa dots. I have hard time getting under inch group with 16x scope and ahh good bolt gun.
Not calling bs, im just not a believer until I see it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah Twocan....... I used to have a rifle like that also. And just for your general info a ONE minute dot, like in an Eo-Tech will cover about ONE inch at 100 yards....a 4 M.O.A. dot would indeed be a baseball, and would be more indicative of Aim-Points and the like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom