RED DOT SIGHT MELTDOWN!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to purchase a red dot sight for a PSA Dagger pistol slide. The slide is an RMR cut. What I want is an 8 MOA with a red reticle that does not cost an arm and a leg. In other words I can't afford a Trijicon. I'd like to keep it under 300 bucks if at all possible. I have searched the internet until I'm blue in the face. Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent optic at a reasonable price?
Getting a 8 moa reticle I think is going to be your hardest thing. I don’t think I have ever met anyone at any match or RDS training I have been at with something that big. And that is probably who you would be buying from used. Is there a reason you need something that large? Some of the other national forums regularly have smaller moa RMRs for sale in that price range. Bought a RMR06 for $325 from one of them.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to purchase a red dot sight for a PSA Dagger pistol slide. The slide is an RMR cut. What I want is an 8 MOA with a red reticle that does not cost an arm and a leg. In other words I can't afford a Trijicon. I'd like to keep it under 300 bucks if at all possible. I have searched the internet until I'm blue in the face. Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent optic at a reasonable price?

I was going to mention Holosun. But Carready did already. They have some in the RMR cut and dot in circle like you mentioned. I don’t think they’re in the eight mil like you inquired but they o have red and green options. Some of them should be in your price range. I wouldn’t know the models.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting a 8 moa reticle I think is going to be your hardest thing. I don’t think I have ever met anyone at any match or RDS training I have been at with something that big. And that is probably who you would be buying from used. Is there a reason you need something that large? Some of the other national forums regularly have smaller moa RMRs for sale in that price range. Bought a RMR06 for $325 from one of them.
I want to try an 8 moa. I have a 5 moa on a different gun and I like it but I think the larger dot would help me to get on target easier. Seeing as how this will be for 25 yards or less I don't believe the 8 moa dot would cover too much of my target and I would still be able to achieve good combat accuracy.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I zero my 508T with the red dot but then carry it at work with the full "dot and donut" reticle. If a bigger dot for up close engagement is the goal why not go with that EOTech style reticle?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have very limited experience with red dots. And cannot use them due to an eye issue I have.

But there are options that allows 2 moa with a 32 moa circle that would accomplish a need for larger and then a smaller one for longer distances.

F3B0488A-04E2-481C-8F7C-1CA2451956FE.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom