AR build or buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey

i have decided to purhase an AR here in the next few months. I spent today looking at all the info that i could Find on the net today and i would like to know of some good resource that everyone uses.

Im still on the fence about 223 or 308. From what i saw on midway 308 would be cheaper to shoot, but im not sure if that is due to supply and demand. I plan to just use this rifle as a plinker/ hd gun, but someday i may want to use it as a deer rifle

i like the look of the dpms rifles and i am wondering if it would be better to build or buy. From what i have seen the savings is in not having to pay the exsise tax.

If i use a dpms upper can i use a stag lower?are the lowers for the ar15 and ar10 the same?

Any info or links would be appreciated
thanks

btw i searched the forum to see if there was a thread on this and i didnt find one so dont blast me if i missed it

Enoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey

i have decided to purhase an AR here in the next few months. I spent today looking at all the info that i could Find on the net today and i would like to know of some good resource that everyone uses.

Im still on the fence about 223 or 308. From what i saw on midway 308 would be cheaper to shoot, but im not sure if that is due to supply and demand. I plan to just use this rifle as a plinker/ hd gun, but someday i may want to use it as a deer rifle
223 ammo is going back down in price, but if you want a deer rifle then I would go with the 308.

i like the look of the dpms rifles and i am wondering if it would be better to build or buy. From what i have seen the savings is in not having to pay the exsise tax.
If you want a 308 I would buy a DPMS, they are very accurate and affordable. If you are looking to get an AR then I would build it yourself.

If i use a dpms upper can i use a stag lower?are the lowers for the ar15 and ar10 the same?
308 and 223 lowers are different sizes and can't be swapped with uppers. But if you have and AR15 then you can switch Stag, DPMS, etc.

Any info or links would be appreciated
thanks
Go to AR15.com they have a TON of info on what your looking for. I'll try to find some links. Good luck.
btw i searched the forum to see if there was a thread on this and i didnt find one so dont blast me if i missed it

Latest posts

Top Bottom