This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I researched a lot of nickel boron bcgs and came across Primary Arms website, it was either WMD or Fail Zero both were 159.99 not bad in my opinion for money that will be spent, buy once cry once.
Fail zero has good reviews so I don't think it would be a bad deal. Especially from PA. They are great to deal with. Good luck on your build. Sounds like it will be really nice.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be posting pictures once done and also doing a range report. I am just researching for a 11.5 upper.
Looking forward to the pictures and report. I have been thinking about getting either a pistol or an sbr. Everytime I pick my scorpion up then afterwards my ar I think my gosh my ar is long. Lol. And it's just 16".

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking forward to the pictures and report. I have been thinking about getting either a pistol or an sbr. Everytime I pick my scorpion up then afterwards my ar I think my gosh my ar is long. Lol. And it's just 16".

I would like an SBR but can't travel across state lines, also 200 tax stamp, having to engrave the lower, and etc. My next build will be an SPR 18inch build.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasnt sure. Theres a lot of misinformation out there.

This is what I found,
From the ATF website:
Moving Registered NFA Firearms Interstate

Individuals other than qualified Federal firearms licensees must obtain permission from ATF prior to temporarily or permanently moving a machine-gun, short-barreled shotgun, short-barreled rifle, or destructive device interstate. To obtain permission to move these firearms, please submit to ATF either a letter requesting permission to move them or an ATF Form 5320.20, Application to Transport Interstate or Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms. This form is available at the ATF Internet website or may be obtained by contacting the NFA Branch. If you are submitting the request by letter, please include the:

• Name of registrant;
• The firearm(s);
• The current location of the firearm(s);
• The location to which the firearm(s) will be transported;
• The date(s) and means of transportation (car, plane, boat, etc.); and
• The reason the firearm is being moved.

Please also indicate in the letter whether: (1) the move is temporary or permanent; (2) the move will involve a transfer of the title; and (3) whether the possession of the firearm will violate local or State law at the destination. The ATF Form 5320.20 includes these requirements. Requests for interstate transportation will be denied by ATF if possession of the firearm at the destination will violate State or local law.

Registrants do not have to obtain permission from ATF to move a silencer or “any other weapon” interstate. However, if a registrant’s address for these types of firearms changes after registration with ATF, please notify the NFA Branch in writing of the new address, so the NFRTR can reflect the registrant’s correct address.

A registered possessor of an NFA firearm, other than an FFL/SOT, may not lawfully transport in interstate or foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, without prior written approval of ATF, specifically the NFA Branch. Approval for the transportation may be obtained by either a written request, or an approved application filed with ATF on Form 5320.20, Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms. Please note that applications to transport NFA firearms will be approved only if consistent with all State and local laws.

[18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(4); 27 C.F.R. § 478.28] https://www.atf.gov/firearms
This is the reason why I didn't want to go the short barrel rifle route. With a AR 15 Pistol I can have more options.