This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2king

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tou860 ,

I think we are in the same boat ...I myself looking to build one AR15 pistol too . I see that you already bought the lower receiver but does that come with the buffer tube too ? I tried to google the part that you bought but couldn't find it ... Here is what I found for the AR15 pistol complete kit ( 80% lower receiver ) .

http://americantacticalparts.com/collections/pistol-kits/products/ar-15-pistol-kit

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up my PSA AR 15 complete lower receiver yesterday in Tulsa from Bear Arms, shout out to Charles for a great transaction. Yes it came with a buffer spring and pistol buffer tube. Now its just deciding on a upper or building one. I am thinking a 1x7 fluted 10.5 or 11.5 with a barking spider 2, for bcg I am wanting to go Fail Zero. Try looking at Palmetto State Armory in Google. I got mines for 159.99 with free shipping it was a great deal! PSA has deals all the time. With 80% receivers you still have to drill out the trigger I believe, thats just to much work for me. Let me know how it goes.

S2king

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you are correct on the drill out but there is no FFL involved .... Not sure which route should I go now hmmm .

Edit : just ran through a quick search .... The lower receiver that you bought is out of stock

Last edited:

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you are correct on the drill out but there is no FFL involved .... Not sure which route should I go now hmmm .

Edit : just ran through a quick search .... The lower receiver that you bought is out of stock

There are in stock but you just got to look, I looked every day for the past 2 weeks, Palmetto State Armory Lower Receivers go fast.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the stainless steel 11.5 but didn't like an 9 inch rail, I am thinking about having a shop just build one for me.

They have a stainless one with a gi rail that comes with bcg and ch, I'm leaning towards that but I'm not fond of the handguard. If I buy that And switch hand guards I think I'll still save a few dollars.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have a stainless one with a gi rail that comes with bcg and ch, I'm leaning towards that but I'm not fond of the handguard. If I buy that And switch hand guards I think I'll still save a few dollars.

I reaaly want a 11.5 with a 10 inch hand guard, I am thinking cold hammer forged or ss fluted, I can't make up my mind.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think its just the upper no bcg or charging handle. It's ok though I am looking at a Fail Zero Nikel BCG and a ambi-charging handle.
I would get an aim surplus bcg. You can get their top of the line for around $99-$109. I am fixing to order another one from them. Well aim has a titanium bcg that is $299 so technically that is their top of the line but I don't know anything about titanium bcg's so I couldn't comment on how reliable they are.

Last edited:

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would get an aim surplus bcg. You can get their top of the line for around $129. I am fixing to order another one from them. Fail zero is ridiculously overpriced.

I researched a lot of nickel boron bcgs and came across Primary Arms website, it was either WMD or Fail Zero both were 159.99 not bad in my opinion for money that will be spent, buy once cry once.