ar safety prob????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone ever had a prob with the bolt sticking back when charging it with the safety on? i just finished my pistol build today and the bolt would hang everytime until i worked it a hundred times it seemed like then it still was very stiff (bcg), i used a dif BCG outa my other AR just to have the same problem, the safety seemed very stiff ,and when installing it in the lower i had to remove the hammer and or trigger to get it in , then reinstall (clearance issue) ive noticed that when cocked (hammer) it has movement down when you push it , but when its on safety there is very little, .......... so i ran 100 rounds thru it and it works pretty good now , but the cartridge jams on the initial charge( doesnt quite feed past ramps), i just have to pull the charge handle back and release it to get it feed. could the hammer be interfering with the BCG? should i clearance the top corner of the hammer to see if that would help? i works pretty good now but still is stiffer than my rifle

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got my S&W MP15 the notch in the safety was a little too narrow. I had to take a grinding disc on my dremel and clearence it some. After that everything was smooth as could be expected.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well this isnt my first build , and i took it all apart and re-did it to begin with, the safety wouldnt slide through the reciever until i removed the hammer/trigger? thats a first for my, and i find it odd that the prob is mainly with the gun on safety( practicaly the only time now)

Latest posts

Top Bottom