AR trouble shooting - repair suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a freaking primer lodged in the gas key!!! I was able to carefully drill out the middle of the primer, get a long screw into it and pull it out.

Who could have ever guessed that one? I appreciate you guys helping me brainstorm the problem.
Was the primer fired or new? Sorry, I had to ask... :D

Mind-boggling either way. :drunk2:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting. Glad you were able to zero in on the issue. Always better to ask a few questions and troubleshoot than to just take it to someone and say here is some money, fix it. You now learned just a little more about what can happen and how to fix it.

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. I'll pay folks to fix stuff when I need to, but I prefer know what needs fixed before I have to rely on someone else's opinion.

Also, I didn't think about it until just now, but I was at the range to sight in my new Primary Arms 3x prism sight. After getting 'mortared' 30 times the illumination still works and it held zero. I guess it's good to go.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a freaking primer lodged in the gas key!!! I was able to carefully drill out the middle of the primer, get a long screw into it and pull it out.

Who could have ever guessed that one? I appreciate you guys helping me brainstorm the problem.

ETA - in the original post I said the gas key was free of obstruction. The primer was lodged perfectly square in there so that it looked like I was looking at the bottom of the gas key.

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/3015/y2Xwrm.jpg

How!?!?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom