AR15 aesthetics - upper/lower combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to be building an SBR and I want it to be pretty and sick at the same time. Functional is a given, anything I build is functional, too, but I'm not looking to go with the cheapest setup here... I already have a number of ARs, so this one is gonna be my show-queen version.

10.5" barrel
Fortis Rev rail
suppressed
.300 AAC Blackout
Cerakote Burnt Bronze

Just trying to figure out the coolest-looking upper/lower combo for this setup. As of now, I'm ready to buy a Seekins billet set. Unless someone can show me some that look cooler, really. I don't care for those Spikes ones with the big mouths/teeth on 'em. Mega doesn't do much for me, honestly. I've looked around and just don't see much more, but I could be missing some. So, if anyone has seen some cool, unique uppers and/or lowers that are beautiful, let me know. RISE armament had originally planned a nice billet that I thought was going to be cool, but I did the group buy with Don Franson and then got a pair of the forged ones from FBT, but to my knowledge the billet never made it out and they aren't showing any stripped receivers on their website.

Any other suggestions for a "cool" looking billet set before I buy this?

faeaccf060ee3bea1b4e0d345180959f.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of buying Oklahoma-made, but I did build a couple of rifles from RISE lowers, and honestly, though I am sure the Hailey Ordnance stuff is well-made, it's pretty run-of-the-mill aesthetically.

Looking for something a bit more away from the norm, some wow factor.

I like the YHM billet stuff ok, the Battle Arms Development stuff is nice, but quite a bit higher even than the Seekins. I can get the Seekins billet set

fx3_9477.jpg

Looking at the VLTOR MUR uppers, and I like the Fortis billet upper as well.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your way out of line on this one. Just give me the money you were gonna spend on it and everything will be fine. Seriously, the one in that picture is darn nice. I like buying Oklahoma made as well. I am sure whatever you decide will be bad A. Good luck. Post some pics when your done.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your way out of line on this one. Just give me the money you were gonna spend on it and everything will be fine. Seriously, the one in that picture is darn nice. I like buying Oklahoma made as well. I am sure whatever you decide will be bad A. Good luck. Post some pics when your done.

Yes, I know, and I fully expect to have several people here come in and flame away because I am looking for a gun that is aesthetically pleasing and looks cool as hell. Of course, it has to be functional, and it will, but the bottom line is, I have plenty of beater guns, and this build marks a milestone for me - my first NFA gun and I want it to be a trophy gun. A FUNCTIONAL trophy, but a trophy nonetheless. They aren't mutually exclusive, so I want something nice. It's like buying a nice sportscar because you can and because you want to. I've got my little sportscar...

So anyways, yes, I know there will be haters. That's ok, to each his own. Like the guy who posted his AR a couple weeks back with the wood furniture. I don't like that, it's not my style, but he loves his, so good for him. I've got more than a dozen other ARs, so I'm into building for fun and satisfaction now, and making one that looks badass is satisfying! :D

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing in the WORLD wrong with asthetics. Especially if it marks a milestone. the two you have pictured look great. I'm a sucker for that bronze Cerakote. Love how it looks. Just like that scooped magazine well. Looks great and adds style points.

the problem for me lies when the new guy spends a butt-load of cash to get a nice looking AR and then "thinks" it shoots better because he spent stupid cash on a set of receivers as thought that is ALL that makes it better.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's gonna be more than you want to spend, but when I do my "Halo" SBR, it's gonna be on an AXTS AX556 ambi lower and a Vltor MUR upper. AXTS also offers their Raptor CH and 45 degree ambi safety in burnt bronze.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at the AXTS, but it doesn't have the wow factor for me, and I don't see the big deal about it, too much. Ambi safety and bolt catch are already on the Seekins, too. I'm not too worried about ambi mag drop. The natching of the pattern to PMAGs is neat, but that's about it. The MURs are on my list, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom