Armalite AR-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased an old Armalite AR-7 .22 LR survival rifle. I know a little about these rifles. I've owned one many years ago when they were being made by Charter Arms. I know that Armalite made them from 1959 until 1973 when Charter Arms took over. I was wondering if anyone has or knows a source for a serial number listing and dates of manufacture for the Armalite rifles. Also the current value for one in what I believe will be pretty nice condition. My only concern is from the only picture I have of this rifle until it gets to me. The finish on the barrel appears to have a swirl camouflage looking pattern like the stock had. I don't believe that's going to be the original finish on the barrel.
AR7.jpg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the one currently made by Henry. I’ve seen the older ones made by Armalite and Charter Arms. If I run across another Armalite (and have money at the same time), I’m going to get one.

The Henry I have is the second one for me. The first had some serious accuracy problems. I contacted Henry and they sent me a shipping label for a return. About a week later I got a call from a lady at Henry who said that they were sending me a new rifle, that the one I had was in a lot that were found to be defective. The new one is very accurate. I’m happy with it and their customer service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom