Article on Oklahoma wildfires and the comments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just cruising around he net being bored and ran across this article. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/04/13115739-oklahomas-plea-for-help-falls-on-deaf-ears-as-wildfires-burn-out-of-control#comments . I was reading through it and landed in the comments down below. I can't help but wonder what is wrong with people these days. Seriously...these jerkwads are trying to put a political spin on people losing their homes and lively hood and saying they deserve it, all because we are a "red state"? :screwy:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did those comments come from? We have never experienced fires like yesterday. And the heat this summer was matched in the mid 50's and in the mid 30's, lone before we had cracking, or "global warming". Short memories are great when they don't want to mess with facts.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This crazy talk is not much different than when we say things about California.

Wildfires, ice storms, drought, tornados is what makes us Okies. As okies we'll endure and live up to our legacy as Okies.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The level of extreme seething hatred is just pathological - and scary.

Here's a sample:

Now is the time for the teabagger religious zealots to "pray" to their God for a SIGN THAT THEIR FANATICISM AGAINST GOVERNMENT IS WORKING. The elected officials in their state AND like minded "fiscal social conservatives have their chance to PROVE THEIR DOGMA. If people need help contact their local "church" and the carpetbaggers that profit from those "religious" quacks and "let them help" with the millions they receive from STUPID FOLLOWERS. One thing the tea baggers taught me is SPEND MY MONEY WITH PEOPLE THAT DO NOT HARM MY LIFE AND ENVIRONMENT. If they wanted their sign from God it looks to me that they are getting the HELL THEY ASKED FOR. Oh yes, Where is Obama you cry, well he is in Wahington WATCHING your feeble attempt to DO THE JOB FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO DO, remember! Don't blame him, blame your elected statewide officials, THEY CAUSED THIS WITH TERRIBLE PLANNING AND OIL COMPANY THEORY. Good luck in that frying pan of a state.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's it! The comments prove beyond any doubt that a history AND IQ test should be required before being allowed to vote, though land and/or business ownership could be substituted.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the Internet does bring out the crazies...just look at OSA. :P
Except here we coexist in relative peace and harmony.

Back to the news article:
If there are far-right conservatives, why can't you expect far-left liberals?
Do you really expect Yankees to understand Oklahoma if they haven't ever lived here?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom