Article on Oklahoma wildfires and the comments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of those comments are basically retaliation for the comments that a lot of Oklahoma and Texas "Christian" idiots said about New Orleans.

I heard many a time where Oklahomans made reference to Babylon and that basically because New Orleans was full of "Sinners" that God was basically punishing the whole area.

Unfortunately, a lot of those idiots made real Christians, and Oklahomans look stupid and thus we have the "Us vs Them" thing going. Sort of how some of the idiots in California make the rest of them look bad, yet comments from OSA are rarely directed just at the idiots, but rather at all of CA.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This crazy talk is not much different than when we say things about California.
A quick search shows 28 threads here containing the word Kommiefornia, another 22 threads contain the word Commiefornia.

www.goenglish.com_GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlack.gif

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me, I'm used to that kind of thing; I'm a native Kansan - is there a more picked-on state in the U.S.?

Remember my "balkanize it" comments from previous threads? Again, we are not united.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
not one of the california comments included violence and/or physical punishment for their views.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did those comments come from? We have never experienced fires like yesterday. And the heat this summer was matched in the mid 50's and in the mid 30's, lone before we had cracking, or "global warming". Short memories are great when they don't want to mess with facts.

Actually we've had fires like this more times than people remember. I was on the Fire Department for 28 years in Oklahoma City and I've been to quite a few of them.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all these fires, did anyone see the article in the Tulsa World today regarding the fireman setting fires because he missed the camaraderie of his fellow workers. I was speaking to undersheriff of county to remain unnamed today, he also mentioned fire fighters that would set fires so that they could be heroes for getting the fire out. Just so many fires all at once sure does make you wonder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom