Attacking Iran: Realism and Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Iran certainly does... it is trying to aquire atomic weapons to attack Israel and the Great Satan [America] because it is in their religion that they have to bring about world chaos or conflict in order to bring their Mahdi back from the well.

Remeber, these are 'true' religious believers. They are the kind of people who cut off people's heads for doing what we consider to be every day acts of living. And if they will kill for what we consider to be every day acts because it violates their religious beliefs... it isn't unreasonable to believe they will use a atomic weapon the first chance they can in order to bring back their Mahdi. There were some Muslim extremists just this last week that went to a home where there was dancing going on... and beheaded everyone there.

This link points out several times where the Iranian President has prayed for the quick return of the 12th Mahdi.

http://ultimitempi.blogspot.com/2006/09/iran-ahmadinejad-and-12th-mahdi.html

They said the same thing about Pakistan, if they get a nuke they'll use it against India. Didnt happen yet.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

Prophesy will start coming to pass very quickly from that point.. and it sure won't be pretty for those still here.

This is what it's really all about, isn't it?
It seems we have our own "mahdi from the well" and we are trying to fulfill prophecy too. Just not the same prophecy.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
neither of the two countries trade with each other or have diplomatic relations with one another based on opposing religious principals. the specific part of your question about "uses ancient religious text or religious prophecy to form a national defence", is what i was referring to. Of course each country trades with people who dont have the same religious views, some even trade with countries that have religious views counter to their own. Defense policy is a different animal.

just fleshing this out, you think they dont trade or "get along" with each other, because they have opposing religious veiws? So did Iran and Israel ever "get along" or trade with each other?

They may have different religions and they, the Iranian Muslims and Israeli Jews, may be enemies today but that wasnt always the case. Neither country has developed trade policies or natl defence policies based on prophecies of the Koran or Torah. I will grant that at times both countries have been ruled by religious extremists. But neither country will ever make a nuclear move unless Russia or the US says its ok.

Without the US, Israel would not exist long and she knows that. She can puff all she wants and Iran can threaten and spew all they want. But sooner or later Iran will get a nuke, then the game will change. Much like Pakistan and India or N. Korea and S. Korea.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

This is what it's really all about, isn't it?
It seems we have our own "mahdi from the well" and we are trying to fulfill prophecy too. Just not the same prophecy.

yes, correct, kinda, lol. You got the chase part and the mahdi from the well part is correct. Just dont know where or who wrote our prophecy.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just fleshing this out, you think they dont trade or "get along" with each other, because they have opposing religious veiws? So did Iran and Israel ever "get along" or trade with each other?

They may have different religions and they, the Iranian Muslims and Israeli Jews, may be enemies today but that wasnt always the case. Neither country has developed trade policies or natl defence policies based on prophecies of the Koran or Torah. I will grant that at times both countries have been ruled by religious extremists. But neither country will ever make a nuclear move unless Russia or the US says its ok.

Without the US, Israel would not exist long and she knows that. She can puff all she wants and Iran can threaten and spew all they want. But sooner or later Iran will get a nuke, then the game will change. Much like Pakistan and India or N. Korea and S. Korea.

Correct, I think they do not get along because of their respective religious views, specifically the mullahs who actually run the country of Iran; not the "elected face of the government ammanutjob". They do not accept the right of Israel to exist, especially exist where they are located now, and believe that the destruction of Israel and of the infidels is demanded by their religion.
I know that Iran and Israel did cooperate with respect to trade and maintained diplomatic missions in each others country before the Islamic revolution in 1979.
The Iranian government sponsors Hezbollah and Hamas, through arms, training and men. That government is also controlled by people who believe that to be true to Islam one must convert the infidel or destroy them. I am just connecting the dots here and I dont think its a stretch at all to believe that the Iranian governments actions are based on a religious foundation.

As far as either of them using nukes without the permission of Russia or the United States, well that may or may not be and I dont think we can know that with certainty.
Your right about Israel not existing without the U.S. I think, but I tend to believe if push came to shove and the only thing standing between the Israelis and a long swim are nuclear weapons they would probably use them world opinion be damned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom