Atwoods 22 Revolver Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Decent little pistols. They have been around since OTASCO days. When OTASCO went out of business, my dad bought one for $40 I think it was on clearance. I was shocked because he was pretty much an anti gun liberal. He never shot it until sometime in the late 90's when I told him to bring it out to the house. Fired one cylinder with it and put it away. He passed a couple years later, and the first thing my mom told me was to go to the closet and get that damned thing out of her house.
I fired it a few times with a soldered part down in the trigger system coming apart so it didn't fire anymore. I gave the grips to one member that has since passed away and the frame to another member that doesn't post anymore during covid in 2021.
Pretty sure mine was the anomaly and not the norm in this model pistol. Way too many folks have one and shoot the heck out of them without issues. At least somebody got use of the parts.
Actually tempted to go get one at that price, but there are already a couple .22 revo's of a different manufacturer in the safe.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one today at the Claremore Atwood's. They only had 2, one 6" barrel and one
4" barrel. I liked the 4" best and bought it and shot it today. Seems pretty accurate.
I think I will get the 22 WMR cylinder for it later.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Couple of things...

If you buy one of these, you can order the .22 mag cylinder from Heritage for $30 plus S&H. I think they recommend having it fitted by a gunsmith, but that's really not usually necessary. I've had a couple that worked just fine, I've never noticed any problem from not having them fitted.

https://shopheritagemfg.com/cylinders/
Accuracy is a problem with many of them out of the box, but I've read bunches of online reviews saying if you crown the barrel, that usually fixes it and they shoot very well.

Glenee

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Get yourself a tx22 you won't regret it 😁
If I didn't already own two Kel Tec P-17's I probably would,,,
But the P-17's each came with three magazines,,,
At $219.00 each they were a better bargain.

I'm still considering the Taurus as a gift for a young friend,,,
Thanks for the pics of yours.

Aarond

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You just missed on a Taurus promo on the TX22(ended 10/31). Range bag and 3 additional magazines for free. It did take over 2 months to get but came in the mail yesterday. $229 is a great deal! Mine from KYGUNCO was a little under $300 total including tax/shipping. I did get the green splatter frame instead of all black but not $75 in difference.

@aarondhgraham If you want a pic of the splatter green, just let me know.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
@aarondhgraham Here's the range bag and the green splatter pics. Not the best pic on the pistol with the shadow but slide area gives a good look. I just wanted something different than black on black like several of my other pistols.
Taurus range bag.jpg
Taurus tx22.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom