AWB- is it imminent now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A deceased retired colonel named Greg would not agree with that last part.

He and many others would be thinking "what was the point?"

We are reaching the inevitable conclusion of a path that FDR set us on in the early 30s. Guys like Boyington were simply cogs in the machine.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing how the votes went from red leading to blue leading at the 11th hour just as they did in November. Hmmm....

I'm sure it had nothing to do with limiting the early voting count or the fact that small rural communities have fewer votes to count and often report faster than larger areas.

Check out Dave Wasserman on twitter if you want to go back through and see which counties reported early vs late and how GOP strongholds vs Democratic strongholds reporting counts changed the numbers.

Also check out the % of turnout for areas vs the november turnout. Neither group turned out more voters than the november election (last i saw it was something like 89% overall) but black areas had a higher return rate than several GOP strongholds.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The military budget will be reduced again, transgenders in the our military to "strengthen our defense", taxes and spending increased, open borders, preference given to illegals for schooling and higher education, etc, etc. Somehow we were dismally failed, a lot of talk and no action on the part of the Republicans. I was telling the wife last night that the Republicans need to get out among the people and talk to them and then do something productively vs being voted in and going to DC and posturing like the rest of them.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all do recall the democrats had both houses during the first two years of Obama's term? Also it was during Bubba's first two years in the '90s that the AWB was passed? This caused the democrats to lose both houses of congress in the midterms two months after it passed? Don't stop fighting and don't be discouraged. And vote.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure it had nothing to do with limiting the early voting count or the fact that small rural communities have fewer votes to count and often report faster than larger areas.

Check out Dave Wasserman on twitter if you want to go back through and see which counties reported early vs late and how GOP strongholds vs Democratic strongholds reporting counts changed the numbers.

Also check out the % of turnout for areas vs the november turnout. Neither group turned out more voters than the november election (last i saw it was something like 89% overall) but black areas had a higher return rate than several GOP strongholds.
Votes are by machine. Number of votes to count is an excuse. I do agree with the black voter turnout. I simply don't trust the system.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Votes are by machine. Number of votes to count is an excuse. I do agree with the black voter turnout. I simply don't trust the system.

All votes are machine counted, but GA law prohibits counting the mail-in ballots early i believe. They still have to be fed into the machines after doing the signature verification process. That does take time and those are often done in large numbers before being reported to the vote count.

And it still takes time for everything to be collected after the voting closes (and the voting doesn't stop everywhere at the same time since folks in line at the close of the polls are still given the chance to vote), etc. No where is instantaneous and places don't report at the same speed. It's natural that different areas reporting later, with more votes to add to a tally, would change the overall number.

Again, the guy i linked breaks down different areas well and talks about 'pockets' of voters that did and didn't report early vs late.

I agree with being skeptical of the system, but some of this stuff isn't unique to the 2020 election, GA or our state-by-state systems

Latest posts

Top Bottom