Awesome guitarist Gary Richrath (REO Speedwagon) is dead at 65...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up, REO Speedwagon was one of those bands like Journey, Boston and STYX - EVERYBODY loved 'em.

I remember Gary Richraft as having some of the most explosive guitar solos ever. He really knew how to bend the strings on those Gibson Les Pauls.

In his memory, here is my very favorite REO song - Roll With the Changes. Cheers!

RIP Gary. :bye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGgLPriZUSA

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roll with the Changes was one of the great songs on a terrific album entitled, You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Tuna Fish. I practically wore out the 8-track version of that album cruising around town in a '70 Charger R/T. RIP, Gary Richrath.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands from the 70's and 80's. Just did some looking, Gary didn't look very healthy in his most recent photos, RIP.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they were never the same after gary left the band, I used to go see him with his solo band at samurai saki house in okc

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
157 Riverside Avenue was one of his greats. He had his demons for sure. Do a Google search on him and see what he looked like over the past few years. Looks like a different person completely. His solos and his burst Les Paul were kinda what got me playing guitar when I was younger.
REO was one of the defining 70's-80's bands... RIP Gary.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roll with the Changes was one of the great songs on a terrific album entitled, You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Tuna Fish. I practically wore out the 8-track version of that album cruising around town in a '70 Charger R/T. RIP, Gary Richrath.

Yep. Great album and the one after - High Infidelity was great as well. What was the cause of death?

Latest posts

Top Bottom