Awww jeez! Not this !@#$% again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of my reloads have been bouncing around in the cab or back of my truck for at least a year. Not a problem.

The only thing that I worry about with carry ammo is bullet setback...for that reason I try to shoot it up at least after a couple of months. My carry guns don't get unloaded that much, though.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handgun rounds go into a container after 2-3 chamberings, rifle stuff after one. It can be shot later for shits, giggles and testing.

I've noticed, especially with the .45acp gold dots, that the rim of the hollow point deforms very easily. There are also issues with the bullet being noticeably set back in the case by more than one chambering.

Please note this is for 'social' ammo. FMJ I don't worry about. I'm still shooting some nasty corrosive 7.62x54r from the mid 20s and it shoots better than a lot of the new stuff.

YMMV.
Ek

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with you GED. I thinks its an old wives tale. I have shot some ammo that is older than Old Fart and it went bang. :gun1:

I just like to keep at least a full box of ammo in all the different calibers I carry in the truck with me. Thataway, I've always got a reload available. Even if it is just hardball ammo. Hardball is better than good intentions.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I somehow inherited a box of Remington Express #2 water fowl loads.
They're loaded with lead so there is no tellin how old they are.
I shot a turkey with this stuff last spring.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oldest ammo i have ever shot was 1938 8X56R steyr, had one split case and that was scary but that was it. I have also shot paper hulled 12 gage shells without any issues.

somewhere i also have some ancient peters 38-40, just dont have a gun to shoot it in

bwcaq

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I shot off a bulk box of Winchester .22 LR. It had been at the bottom of a moving box in my garage for a little over 10 years. That's 10 years of Ok summers, winters, humidity, etc. I was surprised, but they all fired just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom