Badshot Gun Show Duncan Stephens County Fairground 3 Day Show Sept 27-29

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys and Gals,
3 Day (150) table Gun Show Duncan Sept. 27-29 at the Stephens County fairgrounds. We have a great variety of vendors for this show come on out if you have the time.

Only Show in the state this weekend

With hunting season right around the corner should be a great time to get what you need.

General Admission
$9

Children Under 12 Free

Discounts Leo/firefighters/Vets/OSA
$8

Bring a gun to trade or sell save a dollar on admission

Only one discount per person

Hours
3-9 Pm Fri
9-5 Sat
9-4 Sun

Thanks for the Support.
Matt & Pattie

Last edited:

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It absolutely blows my mind when gun enthusiasts, on a gun blog are negative about a local promoters Show Announcement.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It absolutely blows my mind when gun enthusiasts, on a gun blog are negative about a local promoters Show Announcement.
Part of being a promoter is having thick skin. Matt and I both do everything we can to put on quality shows. Sometimes they don't live up to expectations. Usually they do. But some guys will absolutely shred a promoter if they are disappointed at all. That is a great way to support the second amendment and free market trading of firearms. I would go to Duncan this weekend if I was in town. I know the vendors that will be there and it will be a good show.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a promoter comes on here and says come to my show full of awesome deals knowing full well there is nothing but flea market crap and a few grossly over price guns there and then charges more to get in than he advertised he needs to be shredded.

Just because he is a member here doesn't' mean we shouldn't point out when his adds and reality don't match

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys said you where gonna change the gunshow industry with $6 gun shows and only gun related vendors and now a year later it's the same vendors selling the same crap and charging the same prices as every other show.
If that's what you have to do to make it fine,but don't piss down my back and tell me its raining

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave thanks for having my back you know exactly what we go thru and I appreciate that very much.

jfssms thanks for the support as well.

Saddlebum please do tell myself and OSA when your first gun show is so I can slam it as well behind a PC screen if you had issues with my Purcell show which I did say was small in my first posting on that show you could have talked with me face to face to address your issues I don't hide in some office where you can’t find me at my shows.

you stated this:
“Charges more to get in than he advertised he needs to be shredded."

Please show me where I deceived anyone in my ads which are plastered all over my $1 discount page http://badshot-gunshow.com/-1_off_Coupon.html

"General Admission
$9

Children under 12 Free

Discounts Leo/firefighters/Vets/OSA
$8

Bring a gun to trade or sell save a dollar on admission

Only one discount per person "

I don’t know how else to explain one discount per person?

I don’t combine multiple discounts I.E. bring a gun + OSA and get $2 off admission it is one discount or the other?

This has been our admission prices since April of this year it is a lot of work to host these shows and I am not doing this for free we are into this as a business so we had to increase our admission prices slightly from the $6 admission we started with last year to what it is now $9 we have no future plans to increase these prices for the public admission nor the Vendors $35 table rent. We don't take our vendors to the cleaners on high table rent and we use the table rent to host the show which pays for security/ads and a whole lot more than people realize?

Our shows admission is the same whether it is a little 75 table show such as Purcell or a 300 table show like in Chickasha.

There were many happy folks that were at our Purcell show and they did not complain hell they were just happy to have a show in the town that has never had one.

Now if you want to go to other shows and pay to see flea market crap by all means feel free to pay their $12-$15 admission prices and enjoy the flying plastic helicopters you have to dodge!

Saddlebum please tell me what flea market stuff you have seen at my show I had 2 tables of goods tailored to women in Purcell everything else was guns/survival/knifes?

To OSA that support our shows my wife our family and I do very much appreciate you all.

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My beef with the purcell show, in a nutshell:

1,000 primers for $70.00
1lb IMR powder: $34
4lb international clays: $140 (It's $75 at wally world, online)
half used box of .25acp: $37
Decent looking Garand: $1200
Antique non-functional air pistol: $300
Generic Rock Island 1911: $700

Like many others, I did not understand the '1 discount only' I expected $2 off for being OSA and carrying a rifle. so did the wife. She looked at the same pages I did, came to the same conclusion I did.

It was also billed as "SOLD OUT!!!" - I suppose technically all the tables were sold, but 1/4 of them were empty by the time I got there. We spent 10 minutes in the show as a whole. None of vendors would negotiate price on anything. Two guys tried to tell me that their .25acp ammo was 'collectors ammo' - it clearly wasn't.

That was Saturday.

Sunday, we drove all the way to T-town from OKC to go to the superdave show. We just wanted a roadtrip and this was the perfect excuse. Show was way off the beaten path which probably affected turnout. Every vendor we spoke to was grumbly about low turnout. But we got $1 off for being OSA and $1 off for bringing a firearm, as expected. It truly was a $6 cover show, and we appreciated that.

Here's what we saw:

Horton Crossbow: $700 (some one I bought from Natchez for $149 on clearance)
4lb N150 powder: $130 (only powder there)
Winchester 209 primers: $32/1000
ACU surplus pants: $18
Made in China Shotgun scabbards: $30
very few actual guns, some low-end handguns. some worn out shotguns. lots of AR's that weren't selling.

We bought primers and some pants. Was offered $500 for the AR my wife was carrying (passed) . Everyone was friendly, but not happy about turnout. Place was hard to find. Obviously they weren't sold out. Superdave didn't bill this as a monster show, he billed it as a $6 entry show, and that's what it was.

So here's the big difference:
the Superdave show was billed as a "You want a $6 show? here ya go!" - we paid our $6 and got what we expected. no worries.
the Badshot show was billed as "SOLD OUT!" - we paid $8 and left feeling like the term 'sold out' was loosely used, at best.

I've never complained about a gun show before. Anyone that has experience going to shows knows that some are great, some are not. The overpriced items were out of the promoters control, I get that and I don't fault you. One down side to a small show is competition is at a minimum. But seeing prices for powder and primers made me sick to my stomach. that was plain robbery.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So lots of deals to be had is code for everything is 30% a bove retail and they charged $9 admission after iiasked for the osa discount. I have more guns than were at that show.

P.s. I helped promote gunshows when you were still dragging on a tit

Latest posts

Top Bottom