Be On The Lookout--

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From 5 to 5:30 this morning listening to 5-0 radio on my phone(before finally dragging my ass out of bed) there was no less than 4 or 5 things come across the radio about people kicking in doors, trying to get in a window, scoping places out, etc etc. The break ins are definitely getting worse. Hope they recover this stuff, but I have a feeling it'll be hard to find this stuff.

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Police are driving around ticketing folks for tag lights out and even more ridiculous things.It seems we voters need to request a few changes to the status quo.Police are supposed to protect and serve.A tag light ticket does neither.A post up around storage units would do both.And no, I haven't had a ticket.

You know, I really tried to keep my mouth shut about this comment but the more I thought about it I just couldn't do it. Yeah, let's have a Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff or OHP sit and look at a damn storage facility all night. That's really going to do a lot for the tax payers, great protection I tell you? Until you ride with or become a law enforemecnt officer, you have no clue what they do on a daily basis. You probably don't know that those tag light tickets bring more felony convictions than most other traffic stop violations? You probably had no idea that just this year, a tag light probable cause stop landed a agency roughly $140,000 in drug money that they can now use to purchase items such as vehicles, extra officers, pay OT, etc. instead of using your hard earned tax payer money. But then again what do I know, your right, spending all day sitting in one place is probably a better way to spend their time. Blows my mind, don't act knowledgable and speak about a subject when your just pulling things out of the place you sit on.

Best thing you can do, call your local agency, set up a ride along with a law enforcement officer. Do this for several weeks, then maybe you will have seen enough to determine your outlook on this career choice.

Oh, another example came to mind, Timothy McViegh, caught by an alert OHP who initiated the stop on a minor traffic violation.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Police are driving around ticketing folks for tag lights out and even more ridiculous things.It seems we voters need to request a few changes to the status quo.Police are supposed to protect and serve.A tag light ticket does neither.A post up around storage units would do both.And no, I haven't had a ticket.

this has nothing to do with the OP's post.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

They catch a lot of people doing other stuff on routine traffic stops.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for taking us down this rabbit trail..

Chill

Back to regularly scheduled programming

Latest posts

Top Bottom