Because his music is just so damn cool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in Tulsa in 1970. I got given free tickets to see Leon Russell and Shelter people perform at Civic center. Kickass great show. Soundtrack of my life stuff.
One year on Thanksgiving he played "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on KMOD. My late wife Julie's favorite song.
One morning we were at a traffic light at like 6am on our way to work and Leon & Edgar Winter pulled next to us in Leon's Bently.
They were friendly to Julie, she was a cute hippie chick back then. Leon was taking Edgar to the airport. We said we Love you guys thanks for the great music then we went right to St John where I worked and they went north on Peoria just two white hair and bearded old guys lookin holy in that Bently.
Listening to a collection of everything Leon ever worked on today. Delaney & Bonnie album is so good

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Tulsa in 1970. I got given free tickets to see Leon Russell and Shelter people perform at Civic center. Kickass great show. Soundtrack of my life stuff.
One year on Thanksgiving he played "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on KMOD. My late wife Julie's favorite song.
One morning we were at a traffic light at like 6am on our way to work and Leon & Edgar Winter pulled next to us in Leon's Bently.
They were friendly to Julie, she was a cute hippie chick back then. Leon was taking Edgar to the airport. We said we Love you guys thanks for the great music then we went right to St John where I worked and they went north on Peoria just two white hair and bearded old guys lookin holy in that Bently.
Listening to a collection of everything Leon ever worked on today. Delaney & Bonnie album is so good
Ex wife and I were at that concert as well. Leon always put on a good show. Tulsa itself has produced a ton of awesome musicians.

Latest posts

Top Bottom