Beef Tri Tip Steaks...taking suggestions on how to cook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyRumore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a California Grill. It's really a great grill for cooking tender meat that doesn't need to be cooked for hours on end to make it edible, like brisket. Fillet mignon, ribeyes, T-bones, shrimp, fish, garlic bread, corn, etc....it's really hard to beat. This is probably by far, the smallest of these style grills you will ever see. This grill was built for portable use, where one man can load it by hand into a truck for a lake/river excursion or whatever, on the go. The typical California open pit will usually have a grill about two foot by three foot and the Commercial guys have multiple trailers towed together that have four foot by eight foot grills.

And before you Okie natives start in about how great your smokers are.....I have two of them as well as a gas grill. They all have their purpose depending on what you are cooking. Unfortunately, most Okies only know about gas grills or smokers. With some meats, I will use more than one type of grill to pull it off.....usually with ribs.

My next "build" is going to be an underground cooker.....and no, the Hawaians don't really know what they are doing when it comes to those either.

Tony

i98.photobucket.com_albums_l246_TonyRumore_People_Grill.jpg

TonyRumore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes.....I suck at smoking stuff. Especially brisket. I have screwed it up so many times, I'm about to give up on it.
I think my smoker design is bad......but it's probably just me not knowing what in the hell I am doing.

Don't worry, you won't see me chiming in on the "how to smoke a brisket" thread......other than feed it to the dog and get a Tri-Trip.

Tony

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a California Grill. It's really a great grill for cooking tender meat that doesn't need to be cooked for hours on end to make it edible, like brisket. Fillet mignon, ribeyes, T-bones, shrimp, fish, garlic bread, corn, etc....it's really hard to beat. This is probably by far, the smallest of these style grills you will ever see. This grill was built for portable use, where one man can load it by hand into a truck for a lake/river excursion or whatever, on the go. The typical California open pit will usually have a grill about two foot by three foot and the Commercial guys have multiple trailers towed together that have four foot by eight foot grills.

And before you Okie natives start in about how great your smokers are.....I have two of them as well as a gas grill. They all have their purpose depending on what you are cooking. Unfortunately, most Okies only know about gas grills or smokers. With some meats, I will use more than one type of grill to pull it off.....usually with ribs.

My next "build" is going to be an underground cooker.....and no, the Hawaians don't really know what they are doing when it comes to those either.

Tony

Tony, did you ever meet an Okie that was from Sasakwa, Oklahoma? Yea, that's what I thought...:fullauto::fullauto:

Latest posts

Top Bottom