Behind the Bastards Reading: Unintended Consequences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
never read it,, not enough time to read fiction...i remember when it came out ,, after the OKC bombing, and i knew the old guy that always sold tables of books at gun shows,, when he started selling this book, Federal agents would always show up at his tables and give him hell ,trying to get him to not sell the book...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
never read it,, not enough time to read fiction...i remember when it came out ,, after the OKC bombing, and i knew the old guy that always sold tables of books at gun shows,, when he started selling this book, Federal agents would always show up at his tables and give him hell ,trying to get him to not sell the book...
I get it. I don’t read a lot of fiction either. The story is written around real dates and government timelines that make it totally relevant to our world today. Many of the books I found for sale had highlighted paragraphs and lots of notes in the margins.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read a few years ago. There may be some parts inspired by real events, but it is most definitely fiction.

My take: it was a fairly good story, but it is crippled by the lack of professional editing.

The author goes off on completely unrelated tangents, and spends far too much time refining whatever point he is making..

Entire pages could have been edited out without loss of story integrity, or loss of continuity. For that matter, there are chapters that are completely unrelated to his central tenet.

But then, I have the same complaint about anything Ayn Rand wrote. After 3 novels if hers I've had enough. There can be nothing in any of her other works that wasn't covered ad nauseam in another.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read a few years ago. There may be some parts inspired by real events, but it is most definitely fiction.

My take: it was a fairly good story, but it is crippled by the lack of professional editing.

The author goes off on completely unrelated tangents, and spends far too much time refining whatever point he is making..

Entire pages could have been edited out without loss of story integrity, or loss of continuity. For that matter, there are chapters that are completely unrelated to his central tenet.

But then, I have the same complaint about anything Ayn Rand wrote. After 3 novels if hers I've had enough. There can be nothing in any of her other works that wasn't covered ad nauseam in another.
I had a similar take away regarding Ayn Rand. I forced myself to read a few of her books because of the concepts she covers, but it was painful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom