Belgium authorities destroy phony "champagne" made by Miller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Customs officials in Belgium destroyed more than 2,300 cans of Miller Beer because it falsely claimed to be champagne, they said.
And the weird twist: supposedly the beer, intercepted in Belgium, was on its way to Germany.
What would anybody in Germany want with Miller Beer?

"According to European law, goods can’t be imported with the word 'Champagne' on its packaging, unless they hail from that specific region in Southwest France.
Naturally, they didn’t feel that the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-brewed bargain brew — which has called itself the moniker since 1906 — fit the bill."
https://nypost.com/2023/04/21/over-...ans-destroyed-over-champagne-of-beers-slogan/
So they can pour it through a horse again?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick are you trying to give us all a heart attack? The dipping bowls at the last straw! :fullauto:
The one that got me was that England's vendors could not wrap the fish & chips in old news print anymore. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back and made Brittan leave the EU.

Oh and bananas could only have so much curve to them.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its an advertising slogan and pretty stupid that Belgium authorities took it that far to destroy content. Miller will simply remove that slogan going forward...

Miller High Life Champagne of Beers.
The news story caught my eye because around Christmas time a few years ago there was a store display of Miller High Life, but it was in champagne bottles.
[They did that a couple of years as a holiday promotion.]
I was going to some friends' house after Christmas so I got a bottle and wrapped it up in a paper sack.
Told them "Sorry I missed Christmas but got you a little something for New Year's Eve" and gave them the paper sack.
They pulled champagne bottle out and were befuddled for a second but had a laugh over it.
https://www.gearpatrol.com/food/drinks/a670623/miller-high-life-champagne-bottles/

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Customs officials in Belgium destroyed more than 2,300 cans of Miller Beer because it falsely claimed to be champagne, they said.
And the weird twist: supposedly the beer, intercepted in Belgium, was on its way to Germany.
What would anybody in Germany want with Miller Beer?

"According to European law, goods can’t be imported with the word 'Champagne' on its packaging, unless they hail from that specific region in Southwest France.
Naturally, they didn’t feel that the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-brewed bargain brew — which has called itself the moniker since 1906 — fit the bill."
https://nypost.com/2023/04/21/over-...ans-destroyed-over-champagne-of-beers-slogan/
I have been boycotting Miller Beer for several years, although I can't seem to remember sacrificially why? It was of a political nature, I'm sure, and must have been for a good reason, so my one beer a week, won't be Miller or Bud Light!! I do agree with Coors politics, so I'll likely stay with Coors!!

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Bourbon, by law is the highest standard of whiskey in the world.

Miller High Life is the "champagne of beers" because it is brewed with champagne yeast, which is the yeast you use when you wanna make a good amount of alcohol quickly.

**** Belgium, It's not even a real country it's half France and half Germany, Their claim to fame is being a good way around the marginot line, and selling weapons to both sides during war. I do like FALs and hi powers tho.
Don't forget Hercule Poirot...:laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom