Benelli MR1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was just on the Benelli website and saw they have a new carbine??

The MR1, basically their ARGO piston system in a 5.56 NATO carbine. Not as expensive as I thought it would be, either. Of course, I have no need for one and will not be getting one, just wondered if anyone else had heard of this or if they were using all their marketing muscle on the Vinci.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, remember this ISN'T their legendary recoil system, it's their ARGO system that they adapted from the M4 and then the R1 rifle.

I think y'all are on to something. If they made it in a .308, or maybe kind of a tacticool version of the R1 where you could get different calibers that'd rock. of course, there would be the problem of all the different sized magazines.

Edit: Also, since it's the ARGO short stroke dual piston system, no reason they couldn't make that a folding or collapsible stock.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marry that with the stock from a CX4 and I think you'd have a cool lookin' carbine. Stock looks like they pulled it straight from a Nova tactical / supernova. I mean, who would have guessed that, right? Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom