10mm AR Pistol - anyone here have one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw a special on New Frontier Armory’s site for side-charging AR uppers, which apparently are made by Gibbz so they should be good quality. One offering is in 10mm, so I was wondering if anyone here has one in 4” or 8” and what you thought of it? I’m toying with the idea of a 10mm upper, but I already have a stash of 45 ACP ammo and none in 10mm, so my thinking is, “Why go with 10mm and have to buy ammo, when I already have plenty of 45 ACP ammo?”

Reloading is NOT an option. Factory ammo it is.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two 10mm pistols. Both with 6” slides. One is a Glock 40 with a holographic site. The other is a Springfield TRP Operator with the heavy bull barrel and open sites. I like them both but prefer the Springfield.

I have always been a 45 guy but if I am going hunting with a pistol, it will be the 10mm over the 45. The wallop it has is significant over the 45.

I will say that I reload and being as you don’t, that might be a deciding factor for you. I built up some hot loads for my Springfield that push a 200 gr bullet at 1350 fps. I got up to 1400 but got pressure signs so I backed it back down. For the Glock, I keep the loads between 1250 and 1300.

I have thought about a carbine in 10mm because you could get a higher velocity and I think it would make for a good short range hunting round.

Good luck.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I have been enamored with the 10 for years and currently have a G20, but my only take is , why bother with a PCC with either a 4 or 8” barrel.

Sure, the argument that a braced large format pistol is easier to hit with than a hand cannon, but stretch that barrel length out to 10.5” or 12” to maximize the capabilities

Just my thoughts. Currently have an old Colt 9mm carbine with a full 16” skinny barrel- it’s a delight to hit the dueling trees with it at 50 yards. A stunt that I cannot do with any consistency with any of my pistols.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got the 6 in glock and 6 in TRP as well
Also an ar rifle in 10 mm it screams but have never cronied it
Throws brass a mile so I put on a A2 stock and a rifle buffer with all tungsten weights so I can find my brass
I have another complete 10 mm 16 in to put together if I keep it

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got the 6 in glock and 6 in TRP as well
Also an ar rifle in 10 mm it screams but have never cronied it
Throws brass a mile so I put on a A2 stock and a rifle buffer with all tungsten weights so I can find my brass
I have another complete 10 mm 16 in to put together if I keep it

I would love to have a 16 in. carbine. Id have to start reloading again, because if 10 mil factory ammo is hovering around 30-$35 a box, thats about what low end 5.56 ammo is going for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom