Beretta A400 Extreme V's Benelli SBE3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've narrowed it down to these two. Benelli in blued/wood and the Beretta in grey/black.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions on both or either one.

Thanks

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you're hunting in nasty conditions, the Benelli. If upland hunting or shooting clays, the Beretta no question. I've been around both quit a bit waterfowl hunting.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're hunting in nasty conditions, the Benelli. If upland hunting or shooting clays, the Beretta no question. I've been around both quit a bit waterfowl hunting.

Thank you. I'll probably do more Clays and Upland over all, but this will mainly be used for waterfowl. I planned to use my 1012 and O&U for that. I really like the look of that wood/blued Benelli, but not sure how that will hold up to the abuse. Wood never has for me.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been reading some really bad things on the SBE3. From shooting abnormally high to busted extractor pins. Almost 5 pages of bad over at THR.

SBE2'S seem to trouble free.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been reading some really bad things on the SBE3. From shooting abnormally high to busted extractor pins. Almost 5 pages of bad over at THR.

SBE2'S seem to trouble free.
They do shoot high, other than that the guys that I hunt with have had zero problems. 3-4 cases of steel at least run through them. Remember people flock to the internet to complain rather than to praise, 100 to 1 if not more usually lol. Everything from trucks, engines, guns and women. Always more complaints than praises lol.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do shoot high, other than that the guys that I hunt with have had zero problems. 3-4 cases of steel at least run through them. Remember people flock to the internet to complain rather than to praise, 100 to 1 if not more usually lol. Everything from trucks, engines, guns and women. Always more complaints than praises lol.
Very true. I do know they shoot high by design, but the complaints were about 10 and 15 inches at 40 yards on a few.

My guess it was the same as the P365 deal from Sig. I appreciate the first hand accounts on it.

Thank you.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SBE3 Wood just purchased. I was able to avoid sale tax and having it shipped to OKC. I appreciate all the help, questions and PM's. Now, if we have a fireman, I need them to put my bank account out!
Let me know what you think of the wood under waterfowl conditions, my old SBE was wrapped and coated and ran like a dream, I have a Franchi for upland and love the look of wood but have always been nervous about using wood on a waterfowl gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom