Beretta Nano (New Beretta Subcompact)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the carry piece that I'm waiting on. It's supposed to FINALLY be out next month (fingers crossed). It's the Bersa BP9CC.

[Broken External Image]

Now THIS is a pistol I would like to handle. Bersa has a solid reputation and I'm looking for a replacement for my PF-9. This may be it, if it materializes and performs like the rest of their pistol line-up.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I will be the one to bring this back up. I just purchased one from H&H on Wednesday, it is a Christmas present, so I wont be able to shoot it til next weekend. So far it reminds me of the PPS Walther. The trigger is Glock like and a little heavy for me (I think it will get better either shooting it or change striker spring). The lack of external controls does not bother me, slide locks back on last round fired, insert full mag and work slide back in business.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be the one to bring this back up. I just purchased one from H&H on Wednesday, it is a Christmas present, so I wont be able to shoot it til next weekend. So far it reminds me of the PPS Walther. The trigger is Glock like and a little heavy for me (I think it will get better either shooting it or change striker spring). The lack of external controls does not bother me, slide locks back on last round fired, insert full mag and work slide back in business.

Sweet purchase brother! You gotta make a thread posting your thoughts, and maybe a range report or two!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well...if you like that thing better than your PM9, lemme know, eh?

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
OK, dont tell my wife. I took the Nano out at noon, 32 degrees out, and shot 100 rounds of WWB. I had 4 failures to extract in the first 2 mags after that it all ran smooth. Seeing how cold it was my groups were hand size at 10 yards as my hands were cold and didnt think about bringing gloves. I did have several shots that would hover around the 3 inch mark, I just need warmer weather and more time to shoot. I am liking this pistol.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better get that bore and chamber wiped out clean so she doesn't suspect you've been into the Christmas toys early! ;)

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
QUOTE=1911master;1673195]Joel, I know. I took great care to place it gently back in the wrapper and both boxes. Maybe I need to put it in the safe.[/QUOTE]

Must...not...get...caught...or wife will beat! :smack:

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, dont tell my wife. I took the Nano out at noon, 32 degrees out, and shot 100 rounds of WWB. I had 4 failures to extract in the first 2 mags after that it all ran smooth. Seeing how cold it was my groups were hand size at 10 yards as my hands were cold and didnt think about bringing gloves. I did have several shots that would hover around the 3 inch mark, I just need warmer weather and more time to shoot. I am liking this pistol.

I really like mine so far. I have about 300 rds through mine (WWB, Win 124gr NATO, Federal 115gr 9BP HP and Speer 124gr +P GDHP). I did have one FTE at about round 100 with WWB. There have been numerous reports of isolated FTEs, primarily with the cheaper range ammo, but a couple with SD ammo. It appears more and more that it could be extractor related. This gun is getting a good shake out and I'm certain Beretta will follow through on whatever it turns out to be. I plan on putting another couple hundred or so rounds through mine early next week. I should state that this will never be a dedicated EDC for me. I am hoping it will be reliable enough to replace my S&W 640-1 as a 'grab and go' gun for quick short trips to the store. I carry a SIG .357 or .45 routinely, and both are pretty easy to conceal. Thus, I can't see the BU9 as anything more than a back up. I tried several Kahrs in that role and the brand just didn't live up to my "SIG" expectations. The closest was a PM9 that I really liked and it was flawless through the first 600 or so rounds. Then it began to act up just like some of the other Kahr did initially. I have several SIGs and they have all been malfunction free through many years and thousands of rounds in four calibers. That is my expectation for a EDC. Should note I only have classic P-series SIGs. I don't care for the newer ones.

Well...if you like that thing better than your PM9, lemme know, eh?

So far, I like mine better than either PM9 I had. It's not easy tho'. The PM9 is a much better looking gun than the BU9 (to my eye). The PM9 is a couple of ounces lighter but that doesn't bother me. They are both pretty accurate. I really like the BU9 breakdown much better than the Kahr. Also, the BU9 has a metal serialized chassis which is the "gun". Beretta already has other size frames in the works. The BU9 is priced right there with the CM9. I think both of those two will put it on the PM9 sales, except for those people who just must have the 'most expensive' gun out there. Of course, time will tell, but I think it has promise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom