Beretta Neos issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Beretta U22 Neos has been back to Beretta for the firing pin recall. When I got it back (roughly a year ago), I test fired it a couple of times just to be sure it would (fire). I finally got to spend some time shooting it this week-end, and fed it a variety of ammo, shooting probably 80 to 100 rounds. On every mag full, regardless of ammo, it would fail to fire at least once. When I squeezed the trigger, it would just 'click.' At first, I was ejecting the round, thinking it was the ammo. But, as I went along, I found that if I pulled the trigger a second time, it would fire ... without fail. It was almost like the trigger was failing to fully re-set, but then I realized the firing pin was not falling. The gun was clean when I started and, like I said, it did it on every mag. I'm gonna' call or e-mail Beretta when I get a chance but, has anybody else experienced this?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just pulled it apart to clean it up and, when I did, I found the firing pin spring 'bowed up' like this ...

[Broken External Image]

instead of smooth and 'flat' like this ...

[Broken External Image]

Do you think? AND, if that was the cause, how do I keep it from happening again other than being careful the spring looks like it should as I go together. I can't imagine that the spring would straighten itself out, then 'bow up' again as I continued firing. Your ideas?

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm. I just got my neos back from Beretta for the recall work. I haven't had time to test fire it yet, but I'll look to see if my spring is "bowed up" like yours. I will also try to get out and run some rounds through mine to see if I have any problems as well.

I will say though, that at least with dummy rounds, the trigger seems a lot rougher than before it was sent in.

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at mine last night. my spring bows up identical to the picture you posted. I don't know if it was like that before the "fix".

I'd like to take it out and test it out be shooting a few hundred rounds through it, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get out to the range for a couple of weeks.

I wonder if anyone on here has a recalled neos and have not sent it in for the repair. It would be great if they could look at their spring and comment on it.

B

BlazingGlory

Actually I had just bought one last week brand new and after putting several hundred rounds through it, I had noticed the same problem. Also I did notice my spring was 'bowed up' as mentioned before. I am not sure if mine is considered for the recall, but like I said its brand new as of last week.

Update: I went and pulled it out to check, it is a post-fix model from the factory. But i do have the issue with the spring, and having the problem with rounds not firing.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent it back to the factory after a talk with their customer service. Part of that conversation was, 'they replace and fit quite a few parts for that recall, and it sounds like we didn't get something quite right.' I got it back a week ago Friday, and just got to shoot it yesterday. The packing list they sent back with it said they safety checked, inspected and noted customer concerns. It noted the firearm was 'devoid of lubrication and slightly dirty.' Well, I am kinda' stingy with oil, but it wasn't "devoid" of lubrication. Anyhow, they also "adjusted the trigger bar." Guess what ... if functioned flawlessly yesterday. It still has more creep in the trigger than I would like ... not a lot, but more than I like. Anyway, there obviously WAS an issue. If you have sent yours back for the recall and are now having problems, you might want to talk with them. I do love the little pistol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom