Best ammo for a new P22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely support Stingers. Those little suckers pack some serious power for .22lr. More expensive, sure, but you can be pretty certain that the gun will shoot when you pull the trigger. I've never had any dud stingers.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well it looks like no one has any experience with the ammo I got with the p22 so I guess I better pick up something else...Stingers maybe...

Those Remington's should cycle - just run a box of stingers through it first.

If you're only going to occasionally shoot it, then Mini-Mags are fine (I wouldn't shoot a lot of Stingers through it since it has a pot-metal slide), but keep in mind, Mini-Mags are like $8 a box of 100 - that's almost half the price of 9mm (where as Golden Bullets, Winchester dynapoints, Winchester HV, etc... are like $15-$18 for 500+ rds.

If you're going to shoot it a lot, I'd find something cheap that cycles regularly enough and go that route. After a few thousand rounds, you'll end up with a lot more money in your pocket.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those rems were $9.95 for 300 but I have seen Winchesters at Wally for 500 for about $13...None of these are as pricey as the ammo for my S&W .357...

Maybe not, but aren't Stingers like $10 per 50? That's pretty darn close to .38SPL isn't it (haven't bought any ammo for my J-frame in a while, so I don't know for sure anymore)?

Latest posts

Top Bottom