Bicyclists causing traffic problems in Sand Springs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno what your definition of "enjoy a drive around the lake is" but I am NOT driving a ****ing race car. And I don't go over the 20 mph speed limit. So jump down off that high horse. My point is bikers want us to "share" the road. So SHARE it. 🤨 And have some manners. Just like you want ME to have some. I've NEVER passed a biker when it was unsafe to do so. But I've sure been flipped off when I passed when they actively tried to keep me from doing so. I'm sorry y'all are so ******* put upon by having to SHARE the road with us damned motorists. I dunno what to tell you other than I don't drive around Overholser anymore. There ... You got your way. 🤬
Dang, I didn't you personally, I meant you as in they, lol.

I can virtually guarantee that if you rode a bike on the road around those lakes you'd have a 50/50 chance of encountering someone being 'aggressive' in a car on any given day. As in, too close, drag racing around you, maybe even a middle finger, though that's pretty rare. My point was just, relax if you are driving on the road around the lake. It ain't the route if you are trying to make good time.

Not you, of course, they..

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno what your definition of "enjoy a drive around the lake is" but I am NOT driving a ****ing race car. And I don't go over the 20 mph speed limit. So jump down off that high horse. My point is bikers want us to "share" the road. So SHARE it. 🤨 And have some manners. Just like you want ME to have some. I've NEVER passed a biker when it was unsafe to do so. But I've sure been flipped off when I passed when they actively tried to keep me from doing so. I'm sorry y'all are so ******* put upon by having to SHARE the road with us damned motorists. I dunno what to tell you other than I don't drive around Overholser anymore. There ... You got your way. 🤬
And we're off!!!
Where's my popcorn!!!

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they act like the bikers over here, me, too.
I get that some cyclist are dicks. But some times, what is perceived as that, is actually them trying to be safe. For example, I hear often - why are they riding down the middle of the lane. Thing is, if a bike movers over close to the right line, what do you think the car or truck does? They try to squeeze by you with inches (hopefully) to spare. Or at least it feels like it, on the bike.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that some cyclist are dicks. But some times, what is perceived as that, is actually them trying to be safe. For example, I hear often - why are they riding down the middle of the lane. Thing is, if a bike movers over close to the right line, what do you think the car or truck does? They try to squeeze by you with inches (hopefully) to spare. Or at least it feels like it, on the bike.
Yeah I get that. But the middle finger is kinda a dead giveaway. I sounded a whole lot pissed in my post that I actually am. Blunt and to the point doesn't translate well when you can't hear the inflection.

I would NEVER do anything to deliberately endanger someone else's life. And while I will get perturbed in traffic from time to time, I don't "do" the raging thing so many people seem to think is okay these days. It's "just" traffic. Thing is I'm human, like everyone else, and more than a bit aggravated that what used to be a very enjoyable experience for me is now a complete ****ing nightmare. 🤷

dengland

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone think they should maybe do more patrols in the area during peak activity, and issue citations to riders that are littering and/or violating traffic laws? They could do the same with auto drivers taking their frustrations out on the bikers. Just a thought.
This is the best approach in my opinion as well. I ride with a group out there and it's a small percentage of the cyclists that are the problem. Address the issue with the group that rides as a pack taking up the whole road, don't just ban access.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And we're off!!!
Where's my popcorn!!!

Does anyone think they should maybe do more patrols in the area during peak activity, and issue citations to riders that are littering and/or violating traffic laws? They could do the same with auto drivers taking their frustrations out on the bikers. Just a thought.
They used to do that with cyclists over by Berryhill, but the ACLU sued, claiming they were unfairly targeting the LGBTQXYZ community.

Latest posts

Top Bottom