Bicyclists causing traffic problems in Sand Springs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure most of the cyclists out there have a gas or electric burning auto - (or 2 or 3 of them) that requires taxes and insurance too - and because the demographic is usually not destitute - save for the poor dishwasher riding his bike to work at Waffle House at 3 in the morning - im sure they pay a fair amount

How about you guys with "assault rifles" also pay a special tax to have those? -- Special insurance too?

Kindly propose to people out there trying to improve their health and fitness or just hanging with buddies as they get in a ride that they need to do that after you register all your "deadly" black rifles with the police voluntarily and report it to your insurance company that you would love to have your homeowner's general liability insurance raised too

How about anybody doing anything recreationally that you dont agree with getting a "Special use tax"

Yep - im a cyclist - yes i own guns (even ugly black ones) and like this forum too ----- as a small business owner i pay as much in taxes as 5 schoolteachers

How about we add more taxes? - my right to keep myself fit and in shape is as much of a "God given right" as you old ****s claim the 2nd amendment is

- enjoy yourself
Ya know, you're not wrong about taxes. (theft)
I'm a bit of a fitness guy myself. Used to run on the shoulder of the highway to get my "long runs" in.

Noticed 3/5ths of the drivers were looking at their phones as they passed my flesh and bone at 70MPH in their steel vehicle.

I had every right to do what I was doing. They should have been paying attention to the road.

Know what I did? I started running on trails. Cement trails, dirt trails, trails without cars.

Sometimes at lunch I run sidewalks and streets downtown. If I get run over you know who's fault it is? Mine.
The damned road is for vehicles, not me. If you want to risk being an organ donor, it's a free country, but don't pretend pedestrians, bicycles and mopeds are on equal terms with motorized vehicles. Darwin may line you out, and it won't matter who gets the citation.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, you're not wrong about taxes. (theft)
I'm a bit of a fitness guy myself. Used to run on the shoulder of the highway to get my "long runs" in.

Noticed 3/5ths of the drivers were looking at their phones as they passed my flesh and bone at 70MPH in their steel vehicle.

I had every right to do what I was doing. They should have been paying attention to the road.

Know what I did? I started running on trails. Cement trails, dirt trails, trails without cars.

Sometimes at lunch I run sidewalks and streets downtown. If I get run over you know who's fault it is? Mine.
The damned road is for vehicles, not me. If you want to risk being an organ donor, it's a free country, but don't pretend pedestrians, bicycles and mopeds are on equal terms with motorized vehicles. Darwin may line you out, and it won't matter who gets the citation.
I agree with most of this. I try to minimize my time on 'real' roads for all the reasons above - hostility, inattentiveness and so on. And the fact that, like you say, whoever's at fault, I'll be the dead or broken one.

I have about 3 miles to get to the lake and the lake trails from my house. About half of that is on a road that really only goes to the lake, so traffic on it should be for joy rides. I don't like those miles, but I risk it because to do otherwise requires me to load up the bike and haul it to the lake, load unload etc.- it's 15-20 minutes of driving instead of riding. So, I typically risk it and just ride.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The route I take to the lake is all marked bike route. Not a separate lane, just signage and the diamond bike markings on the road. Curious, does that help with the extreme anger of seeing a cyclist on the road, or no?

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The route I take to the lake is all marked bike route. Not a separate lane, just signage and the diamond bike markings on the road. Curious, does that help with the extreme anger of seeing a cyclist on the road, or no?
You're the exception. If you were the only rider on the road, this thread would not exist. The problem is that your hobby is inundated with fools who make you all look bad.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose you are going to just ignore cyclists positive impact on climate change?
What positive? All I see is a negative when they impede traffic. Slowing down, creeping along 'till one can pass them, then the extra exhaust gasses emitted when accelerating around them certainly is worse than any cyclist "saves" peddling their arse around. Think, too, that just about all their cycling is recreational, save for the dishwasher riding his bike at 3:00AM on his way to work at Waffle House, or the big exec riding his bike from his downtown condo to the office.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure most of the cyclists out there have a gas or electric burning auto - (or 2 or 3 of them) that requires taxes and insurance too - and because the demographic is usually not destitute - save for the poor dishwasher riding his bike to work at Waffle House at 3 in the morning - im sure they pay a fair amount

How about you guys with "assault rifles" also pay a special tax to have those? -- Special insurance too?

Kindly propose to people out there trying to improve their health and fitness or just hanging with buddies as they get in a ride that they need to do that after you register all your "deadly" black rifles with the police voluntarily and report it to your insurance company that you would love to have your homeowner's general liability insurance raised too

How about anybody doing anything recreationally that you dont agree with getting a "Special use tax"

Yep - im a cyclist - yes i own guns (even ugly black ones) and like this forum too ----- as a small business owner i pay as much in taxes as 5 schoolteachers

How about we add more taxes? - my right to keep myself fit and in shape is as much of a "God given right" as you old ****s claim the 2nd amendment is

- enjoy yourself
Apples and oranges. None of my arms have ever hindered traffic.

Woody

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They had bicycle rides through Tuttle & on 37 HWY & HWY 4. There was a big fat female cyclist blocked HWY 4 & HWY 37 right hand turn on to HWY 37 for traffic light green light through red light & green light before she moved her fat azz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom