Big Boys Range Results 01/24/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's how it went today. Actually , I was pretty happy with my results today. Big orange was my new Gen 4 G19, 2 mags; 30 rounds at 10 yds. Slow, deliberate fire. The other target( I labeled it, this one was from 7 yds). Just shooting 10 shots from 4 different pistols; focus on the front sight and squeeze one off, repeat. Beats yard work any day. Had a fun time and felt pretty good.
5bc99e9d97d0abaf52525f970ccfe79d.jpg
a967e0813aef0a92ce4cda1ea0909399.jpg

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Very nice. What grain and ammo? Got to get some of the neat targets you have at BB when we go. Those are very easy to pickup with my sights (Yes...I full screened and pointed my guns at them..so).
Thanks for posting them. I wish I could have gone out yesterday but ill.
I really like your 10 yard group. Very good control. If you ever do double taps, post them. I'd like to compare my crappy ones.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the second pic, notice how much tighter the groups are for the .22s?

Yeah, that MK IV will flat out put them where you aim them. Usually, my groups with the S&W.22 Compact aren't so tight, I'm gonna call this one a lucky string. Plus, I guess I was afraid I might break a nail or something with the bigger pistols. I didn't take my Ruger 9mm LW Commander today, it's a very accurate pistol. I think I shoot it best, but I'm actually pleased with the little Glock 43; if I could just make myself hold at 6 O'clock I'd be better off with it I think.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Very nice. What grain and ammo? Got to get some of the neat targets you have at BB when we go. Those are very easy to pickup with my sights (Yes...I full screened and pointed my guns at them..so).
Thanks for posting them. I wish I could have gone out yesterday but ill.
I really like your 10 yard group. Very good control. If you ever do double taps, post them. I'd like to compare my crappy ones.

.22: CCI Mini Mags, 40 grain
9mm: Federal Purple Box, 115 Grain

Hope you're well and can make it to the E-N-S on Feb 5th.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that MK IV will flat out put them where you aim them. Usually, my groups with the S&W.22 Compact aren't so tight, I'm gonna call this one a lucky string. Plus, I guess I was afraid I might break a nail or something with the bigger pistols. I didn't take my Ruger 9mm LW Commander today, it's a very accurate pistol. I think I shoot it best, but I'm actually pleased with the little Glock 43; if I could just make myself hold at 6 O'clock I'd be better off with it I think.
Luck is one in the center and the rest spread out like confetti. I think the gun shoots where the trigger guy shoots it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom