Big Sale... Minus prices...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah I got the flyer in the mail back in november I think. I am interested in seeing how this auction turns out. I believe I may attend. I also thought about 95% was all seized property when I was cruising the pictures in early december. It would be interesting none the less.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah I got the flyer in the mail back in november I think. I am interested in seeing how this auction turns out. I believe I may attend. I also thought about 95% was all seized property when I was cruising the pictures in early december. It would be interesting none the less.

Let me know what you come back with

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does it work to buy NFA items at an auction? Don't you have to buy them first, then wait forever for the paperwork to be approved? Where does the item reside in the meantime?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People are guaranteed to go full retard when this sale hits. That said, by the end of the 1,000s of guns auction, I bet there will be a few steals left after the people blew their wads buying $1000 lowers and 2k windhams.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does it work to buy NFA items at an auction? Don't you have to buy them first, then wait forever for the paperwork to be approved? Where does the item reside in the meantime?

It resides with whatever Class 3 FFL does the transfer. Current wait time for ATF approval is 6-8 months.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure gun auctions in the past were worthy of attendance, but in these days of the Internet, with information available at one's fingertips, auctions nowadays are, by and large, a waste of time IMHO. The last one I attended a couple years ago, a farm auction where they had a number of milsurps on the block, was promising - most of the folks there were farmers and ranchers, and none of them seemed to pay much attention to the M1 Garands I had in my sights. Then two guys showed up that I recognized from the gun show circuit and whom I knew to be milsurp aficionados, and I knew right there and then the auction would be a bust. Sure enough, when the one M1 I really wanted - a postage stamp International Harvester in good condition - went up on the block, these two guys started bidding against one or two other folks and myself. I got out of that war when the price got stupid, muttering about auction fever.

Fast forward to Wanenmacher last November; I picked up a less common Gapper, in better condition, for several hundred bucks less than what that one PS finally went for. You really have to be lucky to get a good deal any more at a firearms auction.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went to a Branch gun auction a few years ago when we were supposed to be in a recession.

I found out quickly that the recession was over based on the prices the used guns were going for.

By the way, I don't plan on ever attending another Branch auction.

The auction was in January, and the guns were in a tent with massive condensation dripping all over them, and the whole deal was very unprofessional.

No list published or offered, and a very cocky attitude by Mr. Branch himself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom