Bill Cosby speaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one gets to pick their parents. I don't have a pre approved black list, white list, or any other list. I am damn sure the last one on this board to choose anyone's role model. My bone of contention is that you are an American or you are not. No hyphenated American crap. Criticising someone because of their skin color is just stupid. See my first sentence.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would anyone give a crap about what Bill Cosby, Brad Pitt, or Clint Eastwood had to say about anything? Too many people look for a "spokesman" of a particular group. (race, gender, red, blue)
Being a popular star, and a member of a "chosen" group diesn't give anyone's opinion an ounce more weight.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a popular star, and a member of a "chosen" group doesn't give anyone's opinion an ounce more weight.

TRUE, except for Rosie O'Donnell, Jeanine Gagabuffalo, Barbara Streisand, Jesse Jackson, Sean Penn, Tom Loser Cruise ...............

Anybody remember The Dixie Chicks? IF, more of these nut cases had to answer for their diarrhea mouths, how much better this world would be.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a popular star, and a member of a "chosen" group doesn't give anyone's opinion an ounce more weight.

TRUE, except for Rosie O'Donnell, Jeanine Gagabuffalo, Barbara Streisand, Jesse Jackson, Sean Penn, Tom Loser Cruise ...............

Anybody remember The Dixie Chicks? IF, more of these nut cases had to answer for their diarrhea mouths, how much better this world would be.

I have absolutely no problem with any of these people saying what they think. How should they have to answer?

The Dixie Chicks answered by losing a large chunk of their fan base. ($$$$)
The problem with us (on any side) seems to be that we pick a chosen person to represent our pet topic, and then that person gets the attention, and may not have the same opinion as we expected on the next topic.

Bill Cosby was fine as long as he was talking about personal responsibility, but lost a bunch of folks with his anti-gun crap.

A lot of folks hold up some conservatives as spokesmen, yet are surprised (shouldn't be), when those same conservatives yield to pressure, or compromise, or sometimes even take a pro- government anti- freedom stance. (gasp!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom