BioLite Camp Stove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm new to the area and was looking around on here and didn't see any threads ever mentioning the BioLite Campstove. I have one and it is a slick little gadget. Sucker burns HOT! USB charging is a little slow, but hey, where else can you find a stove that will also power your USB gadgets??? This is in our camping kit and we use it every time we go out as a family or when I go out with the Scouts. Anyway, figured I would mention it on here in case others hadn't heard about it or had a chance to check it out.

BioLite CampStove

[video=vimeo;41198061]http://vimeo.com/41198061[/video]

Product Details:
Fast to boil: 4.5 minutes to boil 1 liter of water
Fire power output (peak): 3.4 kw (lo) 5.5 kw (hi)
USB power output: Max continuous: 2W @5V, Peak: 4W @5V
Compatible Devices: Most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones
Fuel: Burns sticks, pine cones, pellets and other biomass
Packed size: Height 8.25 inches, Width 5 inches
Weight: 2 lbs 1 oz / 935 grams
Pot weight limit: 8 lbs or 1 gallon of liquid
Materials: Stainless steel, aluminum, plastic

Couple YouTube videos with decent reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58b8Acjwtl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxQUrgt0b4

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was really neat too then I got to thinking how nice it was spending a week in Yellowstone with no cellphone or other distractions. It is a kick ass idea for a BoB though

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty cool little stove but 4.5 minutes to boil a liter of water? My Coleman Exponent will roll to boil in under two and costs $35 bucks. I do have to buy canisters though. I agree with Nimaro, this is great for a BOB if it's in your budget.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty cool little stove but 4.5 minutes to boil a liter of water? My Coleman Exponent will roll to boil in under two and costs $35 bucks. I do have to buy canisters though. I agree with Nimaro, this is great for a BOB if it's in your budget.

But will it charge your iPod? ;)

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having the full size home version. The camp version looks great for weekend hikes, but a little heavy (almost 3lbs) for long backpacking trips.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I had to post on this thread again. I did a little more research on this little do-dad and my curiosity has gotten the best of me. I ordered one but it is not supposed to be here until mid-April. I will let you know how it turns out! Thanks for letting us know about it, amcardon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom