Blown away . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and covered with sand near Watonga today. Saw five dove, and those crossed the road while I was driving home. Fish weren't biting either. Wind had to be over 30 mph.

My buddy in Snyder called me this evening. He has found lots of dove on private property there, and we have hunted it for about 30 years, so I'm going there tomorrow. He claims to have seen about 500 birds today, and he isn't much for exaggeration.

Taking a 20 ga 1100 or two and lots of ammo in case my shooting hasn't improved in the last year.

If I live through the day, I'll try to post the results tomorrow evening. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A week before season, there were hundreds of dove around the farm and the neighboring farms.
Today, three dove total. Those 49 degree nights sent them south to you guys.:angry3:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goodluck. I crossed the river bridge east bound on I 40 about the 103 mm and visibility was so bad you couldn't see the west bound slow lane.

Saturday I was Mtn Park, WMA hunting dove just north of Snyder and the dove were MIA. They have to be somewhere.

big-triple-d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went out west of shawnee this afternoonand I brought home 5, should have been 9 but that's dove hunting. We hunted over water and a dusting area and saw about 50 birds total most after 630. I cut a wing off each bird to send U.S. Fish and Game dose anyone else get hounded by them or am I just the lucky one.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went out west of shawnee this afternoonand I brought home 5, should have been 9 but that's dove hunting. We hunted over water and a dusting area and saw about 50 birds total most after 630. I cut a wing off each bird to send U.S. Fish and Game dose anyone else get hounded by them or am I just the lucky one.

I was asked to participate in the wing survey last year I believe.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Limited out last night on a wheat field in Norman. Mostly singles and doubles coming in. I only saw 10 birds this morning. I haven't seen any on the wires.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday I bet I seen a thousand birds in a wheat field off of Telephone rd and S.34th in Moore. Last night seen about 100 birds, they just wouldnt come down. Got 1 last night.. Seen about 60 birds this morning and only got 1. Throwin out the mojo this evening to see if that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom